Beginners and Beyond

SaturDailies, the day the polar vortex beat El Nino (Read 38 times)

Cyberic

It's going to be a cold one

Cyberic

-4 F this morning, winds of 12 MPH with drifts at 27 MPH, windchill  of -22 F.

Since it is supposed to get colder as the day goes on, I'll quickly finish my breakfast and coffee to hit the road as early as possible and get this thing done.  It would normally be an 18 miler with 7 at MP, but I'm thinking I'll forget about the MP miles. They'll get me all sweaty and then I'll freeze my butt coming back home.

I might cut it a little short, too. I'll see.

What's up with you, fine folks?

LRB

What's up with you, fine folks?

I have no idea.

It's 4 with a wind chill of -8, so running outside is all but unlikely. I do not own a treadmill and driving 25 minutes to run on one in that crap does not appeal to me, so I'm drawing a total blank.

Maybe some coffee will help...

delicate flower

Good morning, my friends!  I had some sleep last night that even I would be proud of.  Poor DW...she works Saturdays this time of year so in order to get her workouts in today (2:00 bike and 15 minute run), she was up at 5:00.  She's a trooper.   Meanwhile I slept until 7:30.  I've got a one hour bike and four mile run to tackle, which I'll get to in a few minutes.

-4 F this morning, winds of 12 MPH with drifts at 27 MPH, windchill  of -22 F.

Sounds cold, and thanks for not speaking in Celsius.

Marathon trials on the TV this afternoon!  Need to get my chores done by 1:00.....

<3

onemile

I have no idea.

It's 4 with a wind chill of -8, so running outside is all but unlikely. I do not own a treadmill and driving 25 minutes to run on one in that crap does not appeal to me, so I'm drawing a total blank.

Maybe some coffee will help...

I am thankful to have a treadmill in my basement. Which I plan to use tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have the Expo and 5 miles with strides tonight.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FUUUUUUUCK you Winter!!!!    

This morning I decided to go to the gym first, so I went and worked on my back for about an hour hoping it would warm me up.

It took me forever to change into the running crap - seriously I hate how many layers I have to put on just to run during winter.... it was 16 degrees with a feels like 4, 9 mph N winds. After the first 15-20 minutes it really wasn't too awful, when my back was to the North.....

What was I wearing?

I had....

• two headband/ear bands on
                • a mouth/nose mask thingy
                • two layers of long sleeves - one thermal under armour long sleeve, the other was a thingy with a windbreaker vest type with thermal long sleeves or whatever
                • my Brooks tights (they're slightly warmer than the Sugio(sp?)
                • Warm long wool socks

I honestly don't know how I am going to run 20 miles tomorrow, it's supposed to be colder.......... I'm going to freaking up with frost bite damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I honestly don't know how I am going to run 20 miles tomorrow, it's supposed to be colder.......... I'm going to freaking up with frost bite damn it.

I wouldn't. Seriously.

I am thankful to have a treadmill in my basement. Which I plan to use tonight.

So you decided to skip your race? I did. But for me, not because of weather, because of laziness.

Run a bit later.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wouldn't. Seriously.

That's what I am thinking too  Damn it I knew I should've went on for the 20 instead of 19 2 weeks ago!! I just knew I shouldn't have stopped at 19 damn it!

I guess the upside is I still have one more weekend to get in a 20 miler before I have to start tapering.............

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

So you decided to skip your race? I did. But for me, not because of weather, because of laziness.

Run a bit later.

No, I am planning to do the race.  It's tomorrow, not today.

onemile

That's what I am thinking too  Damn it I knew I should've went on for the 20 instead of 19 2 weeks ago!! I just knew I shouldn't have stopped at 19 damn it!

I guess the upside is I still have one more weekend to get in a 20 miler before I have to start tapering.............

I have run plenty of marathons without 20 milers.  19 is just as good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I know... but I like 20   20 is such a nice, round number lol. I hope to one day be running 20 miles more often ( for LRs of course ).

PRs

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've run plenty without 19 or 20. Topping out at 16 to 18 seemed just fine.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

No, I am planning to do the race.  It's tomorrow, not today.

Oops, sorry. Good luck!

Dave