Beginners and Beyond

SaturDailies, the day the polar vortex beat El Nino (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think there are two guys from Evansville that are there (the L.A. Marathon Olympic Trails) - the names are Dustin Emerick and Jesse Davis.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

They just took off on NBC ya!

Never ceases to amaze me how smooth and easy the elites look, considering they are running 26.2 miles at a pace I couldn't hold for 100m.

And it still blows my mind that it took them till 1984 to include the women's marathon in the Olympics.

Dave

LRB

Never ceases to amaze me how smooth and easy the elites look, considering they are running 26.2 miles at a pace I couldn't hold for 100m.

Not to mention it's 70 degrees and climbing. I'm hot just watching it!

DavePNW

Not to mention it's 70 degrees and climbing. I'm hot just watching it!

And feel like I need sunglasses. Just the sun coming through the TV is more than we've seen here in 4 months.

Dave

delicate flower

Enjoying this marathon coverage.  They are running a "conservative" 5:00 pace.  FFS.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Galen Rupp is doing at the 20 mile mark.

I got my workouts done.  Two good ones.  63 minute spin bike workout, 4 mile run at 7:23 pace.  My run was "feels like" temp of -1 but didn't feel that cold.  Hat, gloves, and coat...the usual winter gear.  Nothing like cyberic!

Nice haul at the CSA pickup today.  15 pounds of potatoes!

<3

delicate flower

I can't find an online tracker.  It'd be nice to see how a couple of local guys are doing.  The only tracker I found online is stuck on mile 7.  Stupid thing.

<3

DavePNW

I can't find an online tracker.  It'd be nice to see how a couple of local guys are doing.  The only tracker I found online is stuck on mile 7.  Stupid thing.

Surprised they're not talking more about the random regular folks. Seems exactly the kind of thing they'd talk about on a network telecast, to appeal to the non-serious-fan viewer.

Dave

LRB

Try flo.

delicate flower

Try flo.

That's the tracker that stinks.

<3

delicate flower

It is so weird and cool to see Meb and Rupp racing side by side.

<3

delicate flower

Holy shit, Galen Rupp is frikkin balling.

<3

Ric-G

Enjoying this marathon coverage.  They are running a "conservative" 5:00 pace.  FFS.  

Yes, that's just crazy.

marathon pr - 3:16

Half Crazy K 2.0

I need to get my butt up to do something, thinking really short time on treadmill, LRB, I'm sure mine is older than yours. I think the cupcake shop took a picture of my order, this is what I got yesterday:

LRB

That's the tracker that stinks.

Oh.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I don't know that Linden can catch the leaders, but with the way she looks compared to Craig and Flanagan, I'll lay odds she will be close enough to see them at the finish.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.