Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #6 (Read 34 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Phew, just heard from my dad. Just as two more earthquakes rocked PR again of 5.2 and 4.7. In like an hour.

Scary! Really glad that you've heard from your parents. Hopefully they won't be impacted

Cyberic

Phew, just heard from my dad. Just as two more earthquakes rocked PR again of 5.2 and 4.7. In like an hour.

Damn!

Cyberic

If I could retire right now, knowing I could maintain my current lifestyle, plus a little more travel, I'd retire in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately, that's probably another 10+ years down the road...

I'd be willing to turn my life style down a notch or two, but it is still unthinkable right now. A "smart" plan (financially) would be to retire at 60 in my case. So 10 more years to go 

KCRuns

BTW is this the running backpack you would recommend? (Cy & KC?)

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Run_Commuter_Backpack_15L/descpage-NIKRCBZ.html

I just realized I can start run commuting to my office on some days!

Where do you work?  I don't think we know this about you.

This is the backpack I have, it's made for women so it doesn't bounce around.  Looks like it's been updated in the last year or so.  I love mine.  https://www.gregorypacks.com/packs-bags/day-packs/maya-16-111477XXXX.html?dwvar_111477XXXX_color=Meridian%20Teal#start=1

KCRuns

I'm glad they're both okay!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!

A friend of mine just posted: earthquake, this calls for a Spanish Merlot. I texted back: with the amount of earthquakes already today (3), you might end up drunk by noon!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

After like only 3 hours of good sleep, I got up and went to the gym, then I went back to bed.

Today is technically an RD but depending on how I'm feeling around 1:30, I may go for an easy 3.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

6 miles by 6am! Tried the Mona fartlek and liked it. Was a very efficient use of my time.

The next 5k that I'm signed up for is apparently on Saturday. I thought it was a few weeks later, oops. So running shorter and faster was good this morning to get the legs moving.

sdWhiskers

I'm glad they're both okay!

+1

Cyberic

BTW is this the running backpack you would recommend? (Cy & KC?)

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Run_Commuter_Backpack_15L/descpage-NIKRCBZ.html

I just realized I can start run commuting to my office on some days!

I think the backpack has to be VERY comfortable on you. It will have weight in it, and with the constant pounding...

I don't know where you live and if you have access to a fairly big LRS near you, but I would recommand to go try many of them on your back. And I also suggest you bring some clothes and a bottle of water to the store to try the packs with weight in them. Weight with similar volume that you'll be wearing. I mean maybe a bottle of water weighs the same as your clothes, but clothes and a bottle of water don't sit the same in a backpack. I did not do that (bring stuff to try the packs) but will do so next time I need one.

So I can not say if the Nike pack you posted is good or not for you.

LRB

The thing about retirement is you're old, that's a deal breaker for me. I'd rather be young(er) and working. Now if you can offer me retirement at the age I am now, I'll take it! 💯

Cyberic

...Mona fartlek... very efficient use of my time.

sdWhiskers

The thing about retirement is you're old, that's a deal breaker for me. I'd rather be young(er) and working. Now if you can offer me retirement at the age I am now, I'll take it! 💯

I'm aiming to make it happen in the 50-55 age range. Health care costs are the big wild card.

LRB

Cyberic

That's what we're talking about, of course!

I do not think I'd be depressed, as there are many things I'd like to do that I never do (music and wood working are two example for which I have all the expensive equipment already at my house). I could also train more (triathlon for example), give lots of time to a running club or other running related project...