Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: From one dumb idea to another one (Read 35 times)

LRB

'Sup.

Although there was a running component in this morning's crossfit session, today will be recognized as a rest day from stupid as I am totally wiped out after the nonsense I did there.

That was 10 wall balls*, 10 situps and a 200 meter run repeated as many times as possible in 10 minutes. That turned out to be 5 times which was not bad according to the kid training me.

Up next, eat shit up

*throwing a 14 lb medicine ball at a spot 10 feet high up on the wall, catching it and squatting with it in one motion and throwing it again

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD and travel day back home tonight.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Woke up, no nasal congestion, no skull crushing headache....  So took Jetta for an easy run.  Immediately realized that I wasn't out of the woods or 100% yet, felt light headed and weak in the stomach. So there was some walking.

6.1 miles done.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

URD. Up since 2:30 AM anyway.

Dave

LRB

URD. Up since 2:30 AM anyway.

'Tis the season. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 45 miles on a fine morning.  My day is started right.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I got up early to do my workout because it's gonna be hot today.

20 min wu / 8x2 min hill / 20 min cool down.

Cyberic

I found Docket Rocket paradise, and it is at latitude 58.5. It is currently 68 degrees, and fully sunny. I am on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. I'll be staying here 3 days before going to Edinburgh.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I found Docket Rocket paradise, and it is at latitude 58.5. It is currently 68 degrees, and fully sunny. I am on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. I'll be staying here 3 days before going to Edinburgh.

I'd recommend a visit to Dunvegan Castle.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sdWhiskers

LRB-- I did stupid this morning too. Workout was 7 miles with 3 x (800 + 2 x 30s hill). That looks like a math problem. Anyway, I decided to do this at a park with a ~0.25 paved path. But of course, there's a 150 ft hill between my house and the park. Oof. Not ideal before my nemesis: 800s. Workout went ok but I am tired.

Coach wants me to get in 10 miles before my flight tomorrow morning. Problem is DH is on an earlier flight so he won't be around in the morning. So what to do about my 6 year old. I think he's old enough to have at home by himself if I run back around and check on him every 20 min. He's probably able to bike 10 miles next to me but I don't want him on his bike during morning commute when it's barely light out.

RunningOnSand

'Sup.

Although there was a running component in this morning's crossfit session, today will be recognized as a rest day from stupid as I am totally wiped out after the nonsense I did there.

That was 10 wall balls*, 10 situps and a 200 meter run repeated as many times as possible in 10 minutes. That turned out to be 5 times which was not bad according to the kid training me.

Up next, eat shit up

*throwing a 14 lb medicine ball at a spot 10 feet high up on the wall, catching it and squatting with it in one motion and throwing it again

Errrmmmmmmm, that looks brutal. What was its name? (I have heard that these workouts have names?)

RunningOnSand

I got up early to do my workout because it's gonna be hot today.

20 min wu / 8x2 min hill / 20 min cool down.

Word. Are you guys getting any storms today? We have been warned that on Sunday it's supposed to be 95*.  If only it were a dry heat!

RunningOnSand

Sounds amazing. All of it.

12.3mi, 3 hills, same park path, different start location, three out and backs with an excursion to add a hill at the out point.  It is maximum steepness hill for me at this point, .25mi with 69’ gain.
                              Lots of oddness with the inside ham and a bit with the middle ham for the first 9mi but never tightened up, nor raw.
                              Accuweather said 80% humidity at 6am start, but honestly is was a whole lot nicer today than it was when I ran at 6am on Tuesday!

RunningOnSand

12.3mi, 3 hills, same park path, different start location, three out and backs with an excursion to add a hill at the out point.  It is maximum steepness hill for me at this point, .25mi with 69’ gain.
                                Lots of oddness with the inside ham and a bit with the middle ham for the first 9mi but never tightened up, nor raw.
                                Accuweather said 80% humidity at 6am start, but honestly is was a whole lot nicer today than it was when I ran at 6am on Tuesday!

Nice job. That sounds tough!