Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Saturday Saturday Dailies (Read 16 times)

12, three loops accotink. First two a slow as I can go, last loop pressed so it was a little faster.

I

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 10 later.

Damaris

DavePNW

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Eight early this morning.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

sdWhiskers

RD

At a baseball tournament and its raining? Super weird. Also, love the smell of marijuana first thing in the morning at a kids sporting event.

Baboon

delicate flower

I got out for an early 18 mile solo mountain bike ride this morning.  Hilly and technical trails.  More of the same tomorrow!

<3

DavePNW

I WON! Seriously I actually won the thing. Obviously not a big field—only 30 people were stupid enough to run a 10k at 70 degrees and sunny. But you can only race who shows up! I even made a wrong turn and had to backtrack, so it ended up at 6.4 miles. The curse of being all by yourself in front I guess. It would have been close to a PR if I ran the right distance. Still, I’ll take the W! 

5k split 20:39, finish time 43:10.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I WON! Seriously I actually won the thing. Obviously not a big field—only 30 people were stupid enough to run a 10k at 70 degrees and sunny. But you can only race who shows up! I even made a wrong turn and had to backtrack, so it ended up at 6.4 miles. The curse of being all by yourself in front I guess. It would have been close to a PR if I ran the right distance. Still, I’ll take the W! 

Congratulations!  I'd take an outright win over a PR any day.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

sdWhiskers

Holy shit, congrats!!!

👏👏👏 that’s great 😀

just did a little poolmix to start recovery … tomorrow a workday and rec center doesn’t open early enough

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Dave. How did you figure out that you were going in the wrong direction?

Baboon

delicate flower

Awesome stuff, Dave!!

<3

DavePNW

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations Dave. How did you figure out that you were going in the wrong direction?

Well the embarrassing part is that it was on the second loop of a 2-loop course, so you’d think I’d get it right! But the first time around I was right behind someone, and mostly just following her rather than paying much attention to the course. Which is a bit convoluted; even though I’ve run it before, it’s been quite a while. However she stopped at 5k, and of course I was all alone on the second loop. There was a fork and it wasn’t super clear to me, but then I ran into a walker who was still on the 5k and pointed me in the right direction. LOL.

In any case—GC and Strava are calling this my 10k PR, since the one I’m considering my current PR was actually a tiny bit short. I’d really like to just run a legit PR! Maybe late in the year, post-marathon recovery, when the weather is nice and cool. I just never know how things are going to be post-marathon.

Dave

DavePNW

And now my dilemma is whether to run my marathon in my current Vaporflys which now have 182 miles on them, or whether to use my new pair. If the latter, I guess I need to run in them at least once beforehand, just to be sure everything’s A-OK.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats on the win DavePNW!