Beginners and Beyond

Jerusalem Half Marathon -- RR (Read 47 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Nice job, congrats!  Especially on such a tough course.

Congrats on the strong performance. Those hills look brutal.

Tough course, great job!

Terrific race.  Congratulations.

So glad you're running strong again. This is a great RR, and you seem to have raced this very well.

Congratulations!

Thanks!!  It is a really hard course.  But absolutely worth it.  I think everyone should do this race because it is the most amazing experience ever.

I see a man eating a big diamond, do you see it?

You have to turn your head to the left but it's there, because I AM NOT SEEING THINGS.

I was all set to tell you that you're insane, but I DO SEE IT NOW.  Because I thought the man was on the left, and he's on the right.

Heck of a race, Blue!  Loved the pics.  That elevation profile looks like a tough one.  I'd say 13.02 miles is "close enough", especially since those Garmins are not always 100% accurate.  Even if you want to tack on an extra minute for that .08 miles, you still tore shit up.  I'd say you're a few minutes faster on an easier course.  Don't discount the nice race weather, either.  40's may have seemed cold to you, but that really is a great temperature for racing.  

Oh, hell no, I'm not tacking on anything!!  This will do just fine, TYVM.  Though I'm sure it will measure long the next time I do it, which will make a course PR even harder, since now I really don't know how I'm supposed to top this!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I was all set to tell you that you're insane, but I DO SEE IT NOW.  Because I thought the man was on the left, and he's on the right.

FINALLY.

LRB

I think your splits are most impressive. They appear to be all over the place but are actually the result of consistent effort.

Nicely done, yo. Cool

bluerun

Super B****

I think your splits are most impressive. They appear to be all over the place but are actually the result of consistent effort.

Nicely done, yo. Cool

I don't think Strava agrees.    (Exactly the opposite of my plan, which was to run easy on the ascents and careen downhill!)

chasing the impossible

LRB

I don't think Strava agrees.    (Exactly the opposite of my plan, which was to run easy on the ascents and careen downhill!)

What am I looking at? 

bluerun

Super B****

What am I looking at? 

GAP = grade adjusted pace.

chasing the impossible

LRB

GAP = grade adjusted pace.

Pardon my ignorance but I've never seen that. Is GAP what you should have run or is it the equivalent to what you ran?

bluerun

Super B****

Pardon my ignorance but I've never seen that. Is GAP what you should have run or is it the equivalent to what you ran?

It's exactly what it sounds like!   In their words...

Grade Adjusted Pace (GAP) estimates the equivalent flat land pace for a given running pace on hilly terrain. Running uphill requires more effort than running on a flat grade, so GAP adjusts pace to be faster than the actual running pace. Similarly, GAP is slower than actual pace on downhill terrain.

chasing the impossible

LRB

It's exactly what it sounds like!  

All that did was take a confused brain and make it confuseder. lol

I don't know as much as them people, but to me, you ran a great race!

From the Internet.

GAP is what I look at to feel good about my pace on all the stupid damn hills I've been running recently, lol. 6:27 effort at a 9:30 pace? OK Strava, if you insist!

Nice race Blue! Now you must go out and fulfill your 1:33 destiny on a flat course Big grin

bluerun

Super B****

GAP is what I look at to feel good about my pace on all the stupid damn hills I've been running recently, lol. 6:27 effort at a 9:30 pace? OK Strava, if you insist!

Nice race Blue! Now you must go out and fulfill your 1:33 destiny on a flat course Big grin

Apparently 1:33 is being conservative...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

chasing the impossible