Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 37 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think I can safely say Autumn is here, and I am so fucking happy to say so long to Summer.

I went to the gym this morning, focusing on some back and some hammies/glutes/quads. Was going to go run afterward BUT something told me to go home, sure enough, my son was up and creating chaos in the house.

I'm going to try and get in a 3 miler after taking him to school.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

8.5 on the AlterG -- good thing I'm seeing my PT today because my right leg is a disaster. It feels like a truck fell on me, though oh yes, it wasn't a truck. I think I'm ready for a taper. But first, HM on Sunday...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

8.5 on the AlterG -- good thing I'm seeing my PT today because my right leg is a disaster. It feels like a truck fell on me, though oh yes, it wasn't a truck. I think I'm ready for a taper. But first, HM on Sunday...

Ah, taper.

I hope she/he/they can work out the kinks. Although you do quite well when the odds are stacked against you!

bluerun

Super B****

Ah, taper.

I hope she/he/they can work out the kinks. Although you do quite well when the odds are stacked against you!

It's hard to taper when your normal mileage is basically at taper level... though I suppose it helps that the week before my marathon is a long holiday so I have some "no choice" rest days, and Passover is the week before Boston next year, so the same thing will happen. Blah.

I'm not saying I'm displeased with how I ran yesterday -- it's just that the 30K I ran two weeks earlier felt so much better, and I'd rather have it feel like that!

chasing the impossible

LRB

I ran 8.

It was on the slow side for me (which seems to be the theme of this cycle!) but it didn't really suck. Honestly, I'm just really happy to be out there doing what I love.

Massage today at 2:30.

5mi slow bowl hills.  Came close to surrendering yesterday, my mind had been fading in and out like Kirk in the Tholian web

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Waiting for the windows guy to install one pane that was supposed to be done before the sale and then work. I have 5 later.

Damaris

onemile

The hobble is not too bad today. I could probably run but I won't.  Garmin still thinks I'm peaking 

LRB

The hobble is not too bad today. I could probably run but I won't.  Garmin still thinks I'm peaking 

lol - I didn't get a message from the stupid thing this morning so I consider that a win!

onemile

lol - I didn't get a message from the stupid thing this morning so I consider that a win!

mine gave me an upgraded v02 max after yesterday's effort so we are on speaking terms again 

bluerun

Super B****

I just "bought" a shirt on RW for $0. That was weird.

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

Hi.

lol

I ran 5 easy miles before work.  My weekend runs were 35 degrees.  This morning it was 70 and humid at 5:30 AM, but it was quite nice for my easy run.  The paved bike path may as well be a trail right now with all of the autumn tree debris covering it.

Big work week ahead...we are processing our first payroll on the new system, which I have spent the last two years working towards.  Work hours may get a little nutty and I'll just have to squeeze in whatever runs I can.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Happy Monday!

Had a nice weekend of running...Saturday I joined in on 14 miles with a friend who created her own 100 mile run to raise money for charity. It was way longer than she'd ever gone, and she crushed it in about 26.5 hours. Sunday I got out on my own and did a little over 12 with some decent elevation on the front and a faster finish on the back, which I was really happy with.

Yesterday marked one year from my knee surgery, and also was my first 50 mile week since trying to get back - definitely some steps in the right direction.

I may sneak out to run at lunch today...boss invited me to the Cavs preseason game tonight against some team from Argentina. Even though it's a crappy game, floor seats aren't something you turn down. I was just going to run 3/4 miles after work anyway, so 1/2 at lunch is about the same in my book.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran an easy 4.5 this morning.  Crisp and cool 51 degrees.  Hammies (both) were really tight to start. I had PT Saturday afternoon, did some of the recommended stretches, exercises and foam rolling Sunday, and have been sore ever since! I hope this passes cause sitting, and standing, is tough today! I even took an ibuprofen which I very rarely use.

Have a good Monday!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Yesterday marked one year from my knee surgery, and also was my first 50 mile week since trying to get back - definitely some steps in the right direction.

Way to go!