Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

boss invited me to the Cavs preseason game tonight against some team from Argentina. Even though it's a crappy game, an invite from the boss is not something you turn down. 

Here, let me help you with that.

Congrats on being one year removed from awful. That's HUGE.

LRB

Hi.

lol

I ran 5 easy miles before work.  My weekend runs were 35 degrees.  This morning it was 70 and humid at 5:30 AM, but it was quite nice for my easy run.  The paved bike path may as well be a trail right now with all of the autumn tree debris covering it.

Big work week ahead...we are processing our first payroll on the new system, which I have spent the last two years working towards.  Work hours may get a little nutty and I'll just have to squeeze in whatever runs I can.

As long as the checks cash you're good.

sdWhiskers

7 miles in the dark. Second run in a row where I've had to quickly find a bathroom. Jet lag doesn't just screw up your sleep schedule.

About 2 miles in, I saw a man riding a bike that didn't have any lights or reflectors. Usually, cyclists are lit up pretty well. This guy oddly passed by me a few times, crossed the street right in front of me then turned into a parking lot only to circle around behind me. I tried to keep my cool but I was freaking out. It was pitch black. Thankfully there was at least a car passing by me every 30 seconds or so. I legit thought he was going to do...something.  It's been awhile since I've been scared on a run. After another mile I didn't see him again.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got my 3.3 miles in after dropping Dorian off, it was supposed to be an easy effort but I felt rushed. Of course I find out that hubby/boss won't hardly be here at the shop today 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Way to go!

Thanks...am thinking about the knee less and less when I run, so that is huge.

LRB... word 

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7 miles in the dark. Second run in a row where I've had to quickly find a bathroom. Jet lag doesn't just screw up your sleep schedule.

About 2 miles in, I saw a man riding a bike that didn't have any lights or reflectors. Usually, cyclists are lit up pretty well. This guy oddly passed by me a few times, crossed the street right in front of me then turned into a parking lot only to circle around behind me. I tried to keep my cool but I was freaking out. It was pitch black. Thankfully there was at least a car passing by me every 30 seconds or so. I legit thought he was going to do...something.  It's been awhile since I've been scared on a run. After another mile I didn't see him again.

Sounds awful...glad nothing came of it, and you're smart to be somewhere that at least has traffic. I've had some bicycle encounters with creepy folks too - not pleasant!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

I ran 5 easy miles before work. 

Dave

DavePNW

Big work week ahead...we are processing our first payroll on the new system, which I have spent the last two years working towards.  Work hours may get a little nutty and I'll just have to squeeze in whatever runs I can.

Good luck! Is this just a new payroll system, or a whole new ERP system? We went through the latter 7 months ago; it basically shut the company down and we are still trying to recover from it.

Dave

DavePNW

Yep. It can take me a week or two for those things to get back on the normal schedule. Although it can work to my benefit, because the normal schedule has me often needing to quickly find a bathroom on my run.

Dave

DavePNW

Am I the only one who didn't realize Baboon was running a marathon this weekend? Granted, running rather than racing, but still.

Dave

LRB

It's been awhile since I've been scared on a run. 

If you have one, carry your Glock tomorrow and return the favor. GD creep. #aneyeforaneye

DavePNW

If you have one, carry your Glock tomorrow and return the favor. GD creep. #aneyeforaneye

Or at least pepper spray.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

It's been awhile since I've been scared on a run. 

That really sucks. I guess it's a feeling that us men will never totally understand.  Trying to understand it, a week or two ago when finishing a morning run in the dark, I was about to cross a street back into my neighborhood when I saw a woman who I occasionally see running in the morning, heading into my neighborhood from the street I was crossing. Not wanting to creep her out, I delayed a few minutes before following her into the neighborhood. I really don't want any woman, or kid, or anyone else, thinking I'm a creep.  It doesn't compare but that's when being a man kid of sucks...of course, our gender brings it all on ourselves...

LRB

That really sucks. I guess it's a feeling that us men will never totally understand.  Trying to understand it, a week or two ago when finishing a morning run in the dark, I was about to cross a street back into my neighborhood when I saw a woman who I occasionally see running in the morning, heading into my neighborhood from the street I was crossing. Not wanting to creep her out, I delayed a few minutes before following her into the neighborhood. I really don't want any woman, or kid, or anyone else, thinking I'm a creep.  It doesn't compare but that's when being a man kid of sucks...of course, our gender brings it all on ourselves...

I alter my turnaround point all of the time for that exact same reason, it's annoying AF but it is what it is. In fact I did it Saturday by .04 of a mile which meant I needed to make up .08 going back in.

The dude in this case either lacked awareness, was oblivious, had no ill intent or something else.

LRB

Or at least pepper spray.

I have a lipstick size container of that. I also have throwing stars. 

The thing I always come back to about self defense items though is if I need them I probably shouldn't run.