Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

And on altering my turnaround point,  that's not always limited to women. It could be a dude, someone elderly or a kid. It may be extreme but I just don't want coincidence to leave someone to ferl they need to defend themselves from someone who ran by then came running up from behind seconds or minutes later.

Baboon

delicate flower

Good luck! Is this just a new payroll system, or a whole new ERP system? We went through the latter 7 months ago; it basically shut the company down and we are still trying to recover from it.

New ERP.  Workday replacing PeopleSoft/Oracle.  HR, Payroll, Benefits, Recruitment, eLearning, Performance Management, etc.  Big Bang rollout.  Payroll always comes last with these things.

<3

sdWhiskers

New ERP.  Workday replacing PeopleSoft/Oracle.  HR, Payroll, Benefits, Recruitment, eLearning, Performance Management, etc.  Big Bang rollout.  Payroll always comes last with these things.

We use Workday. Mostly my interaction with it is performance management--goals, evaluations, etc. It is less user friendly than our previous software for those purposes.

As long as I keep getting paid, I don't care what software my company uses for that

sdWhiskers

The thing I always come back to about self defense items though is if I need them I probably shouldn't run.

Yeah, that.

Creepy guys get off on creeping you out. My morning routes have been optimized over the years to make sure I'm in higher traffic areas, passing by businesses open 24/7 as much as I can. Sure, my chances of getting hit by car are higher but then I'm not running scared. If I was scared during every run, I wouldn't do it.

Like this morning's bathroom stop. I really needed to go and the closest one was at a park that would mean running 0.5 miles into the deserted park that is not near houses or traffic. Nope. So I ran 2 miles instead to get to another park that is well lit and usually has multiple dog walkers at that time plus the maintenance guy is usually there, and is surrounded by houses. I almost crapped myself but I'll choose the 'safer' option every time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As long as the checks cash you're good.

That's normally where the process fucks up when it's new.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As long as the checks cash you're good.

As long as there are no extra (or missing) zeroes and the decimal point is in the right place.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As long as there are no extra (or missing) zeroes and the decimal point is in the right place.

It helps if the amount is correct also.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's normally where the process fucks up when it's new.

Yea, I learned that the print color of the checks is important and needs to he tested.

LRB

Massage today at 2:30.

Has been moved up to 1:45.

Carry on.

onemile

I lied about the shoes I was wearing for the marathon. I got rained on Saturday in the Ghosts I was gonna wear so I ended up wearing the Pegasus Turbo. They were very comfortable the whole way

onemile

Garmin says I only need 2 more hours of recovery and then can resume training as usual. Okay.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Garmin says I only need 2 more hours of recovery and then can resume training as usual. Okay.

You heard it, git.

Damaris

LRB

You heard it, git.

Which came first; the plan to move from the south to the midwest or the registration to a marathon in another state a week after said move?

DavePNW

Anyone been following this "Ineos 1:59 Challenge"? Latest attempt at trying to get someone to run a sub-2 marathon. Specifically Kipchoge. It's happening this weekend, in Vienna. Course is about 4 repeats of a straight line out & back. He's got a whole team of pacers that will be rotated in & out, although I'm not aware of a giant wind-blocking clock like at that Nike event. Anyway, I guess the whole thing is kind of a stunt, but it would be pretty cool if he did it. He ran a 2:00:25 at the Nike thing.

Dave

DavePNW

Also: first data point is that Noxgear battery life with rechargeables is about 6.5 hours, roughly the same as I get with regular batteries. Depending on whether you include red-flashy time.

Dave