Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

you could also carry some bacon.

actually, my bruno, who gets more excited about food than any dog I've ever seen,  has refused to accept treats from strangers before.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. B don't take no shit when it comes to momma!

LRB

hand to hand combat is definitely the way to go

lol

I've had one real scare where I thought it was on. Dude was in fuck somebody up mode. It took some quick thinking to get out of that one!

onemile

Doesn't surprise me one bit. B don't take no shit when it comes to momma!

DavePNW

I've had one real scare where I thought it was on. Dude was in fuck somebody up mode. It took some quick thinking to get out of that one!

You mean while running, or in general? The only scares from people I get while running is periodically being yelled at by homeless dudes who clearly have some issues. Just kind of freaky, not in any real danger. AFAIK.

Dave

LRB

And this just in, look at the ridiculousness that the NYCM is offering...

onemile

And this just in, look at the ridiculousness that the NYCM is offering...

You def need a $140 keychain

LRB

You mean while running, or in general? The only scares from people I get while running is periodically being yelled at by homeless dudes who clearly have some issues. Just kind of freaky, not in any real danger. AFAIK.

I meant from dogs while running. I've actually been bitten three times when not running. No issues from two legged creatures...yet.

LRB

You def need a $140 keychain

It's in my cart, along with the $290 cufflinks 

sdWhiskers

It's in my cart, along with the $290 cufflinks 

I'm surprised they aren't pushing virtual entries so even more people could have the privilege of buying overpriced swag.

DavePNW

I meant from dogs while running. I've actually been bitten three times when not running. No issues from two legged creatures...yet.

Oh. Yeah I just had that one dog bite recently. One other particularly memorable incident being charged at, but turned out to be friendly. Handful of other mild scares.

Dave

DavePNW

At first glance I thought that picture frame was some kind of NYCM commemorative iPad, and I thought wtf.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Serv Pro is here assessing the damage.  Apparently I have to change my whole floors because the pieces to be replaced will not match.  Just my fucking luck.  Lowes said they were taking responsibility and they better because I have 1 laundry, kitchen, living room, dining room and two closets that got wet in part.  Sigh.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm never worried about the people I can see, even the odd ones that stare at me confused from their yard as their dog poops. I start getting suspicious when it's anytime before 5 AM and I suddenly smell cigarettes or even cologne, or a vehicle that passes me 3 times on the same street. I'm usually the only crazy idiot out at the ass crack of dawn so if I see someone out there walking down the street, I don't freak out but I am thinking "meth-head" or whatever drugs would have someone awake around that time. But even those are still nice enough to say "morning" or whatever.

It's the ones hiding in the shadows, waiting for an unsuspecting victim to attack.

Saturday morning, when I took stupid out for the 3.2 mile run, the same house with the idiot pitbull had what appeared to be a boxer that came running up to their edge barking at us and even came out of their yard into the neighbors yard and continued to bark at us. I yelled at that stupid thing, I didn't have anything on me damn it but I was willing to punch the fucker repeatedly in the head if it had attacked me or Jetta.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Bib #7075

Cyberic

Just finished setting up my Stryd pod on my Garmin, and on my 'Droid phone.

I'm ready to Run with Power!