Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday is The Answer (Read 44 times)

DavePNW

I have been pretty lucky, no major dog incidents.  I've run by houses with a dog in the yard, and the dog starts barking and charging, but then I am saved by the invisible fence. Just that scares the shit out of me. I don't run much in residential areas anymore, so most of the dogs I see are being taken out for a walk/run already, and are well behaved.

Last interval workout. 10 miles with 6x1 mile, at the track.

Dave

hog4life

One more thing that I'm guilty of, and this will most likely be very stupid on my part when I use it with the "wrong" dog. Because I have a large dog, I tend to feel a bit too comfortable around bigger dogs when they approach me, but I usually will squat down(if I see it coming), and start talking to it to see if I can pet it. They will either keep their distance and keep barking, or come up to let me pet them.

LRB

This cycle has been officially named, Your Bitch.

Mmmmm...beer

That hurts just reading it. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

DavePNW

That hurts just reading it. lol

Well they're not that fast, it's the Hansons deal at MP-10. Just kind of tedious.

Dave

LRB

Thank you.

Geezus man, take the compliment FFS.

DavePNW

This cycle has been officially named, Your Bitch.

(better?)

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

One more thing that I'm guilty of, and this will most likely be very stupid on my part when I use it with the "wrong" dog. Because I have a large dog, I tend to feel a bit too comfortable around bigger dogs when they approach me, but I usually will squat down(if I see it coming), and start talking to it to see if I can pet it. They will either keep their distance and keep barking, or come up to let me pet them.

Squatting was dangerous with my dog. She would either knock the person over or head butt them in her attempt to get attention.

LRB

I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, and it just dawned on me that it's been 5 years since I last got the one finger salute.

I am not going there for that but the subject could come up and I am so not prepared for any of that nonsense today.

Pray for me peeps, will ya.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I deal with a stupid dog at least twice a week, haven't dealt with an aggressive one, one in attack mode I mean, but I can normally tell the ones who just HAVE to say "what's  up" and the idiot ones but I always stop no matter what. If they're the idiot ones I yell at them, most can tell I mean to fuck them up if they try some bullshit and it is usually a standoff where they really want to follow and bark at me the whole time, until they get bored but I never take the chance and start running again until they get bored and move on. The only one that has ever worried me was a huge Mastiff who was out of his fenced backyard and in the front, I had Rocky and pepper spray but seriously questioned it's usefulness with a 150 lb Mastiff. Luckily it stayed in it's yard, and just wanted to alert the neighborhood.  Then there are the tag alongs, not so bad when I am alone but sucks when I have Rocky, then I am dragging a 64 lb weight behind me  unless the loose dog runs in front, which is never the case 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Lunchtime!  Guess I have to go buy a pint of ice cream

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cy, we are booked!  Hubby got a car. Ugh.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lily, this crap is very uncomfortable.  But now my butt is all tingly from the shot lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Lily, this crap is very uncomfortable.  But now my butt is all tingly from the shot lol.

Thinking about getting another are ya?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thinking about getting another are ya?

Lol not the good kind of tingly.

PRs