Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

B-Plus

SRD to absorb some training.

LRB

I was supposed to run at tempo today but have been nursing a sore shin so I ran easy instead...until the rains came. Oh, and it was about 38 degrees with 11 MPH winds when they did!

Thankfully it only lasted about a half mile or so but that will put some pep in your step real quick!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

4 easy miles in 32 degrees done. I didn't have my headband ear warmer thingy and my ears hurt! Even though I have been here three days I think the 6700' elevation got to me today. I wasn't feeling it, you know? On the bright side I fell in step with a gal who had and iPod with speakers so heard some tunes along the way. We chatted about life and listened to the full version of "Rapper's Delight." Everybody say "Ho-tel, mo-tel!" That was fun. Even though a four mile run doesn't warrant it, I will now ESU at my favorite greasy spoon. I'm on vacation so what the heck.

Have a great day.

DavePNW

Oh I forgot to mention I got rained on. But I guess that's to be expected around here, and didn't last long.

Dave

Hip Redux

Air France strikes about every 3 months.  My flight got canceled in sept, will never fly thru Paris again.

So there is a strike in France and my flight could be canceled.  I am so lucky!

onemile

I skipped my run last night because we took the dogs to their first Nosework class and it ran late.  So tonight I will do yesterday's workout of 6-7x 1k repeats.

onemile

Boy are my legs tired from last night's run.

As they should be.That was a great workout yo.

cjones1

9m with 6 at HMP + 5-15 seconds.  Felt pretty good.  Didn't run it very evenly, but at least I sped up as I went instead of slowing down.  Oh yeah, also got lambasted by a thunderstorm that came through when I was about halfway through.  There was no warning, and it stopped just as fast as it started.  The lightning was a little close for comfort, and by that I mean, I could, you know, see it.

This was the farthest I've ran on a workday, and holy cow, my coworkers' uneaten lunches have been calling my name all morning. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

B-Plus

Oh I forgot to mention I got rained on. But I guess that's to be expected around here, and didn't last long.

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran.  60 minutes easy (7.4 miles) in the cold rain.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.7 in a cool, gray mist. What happened to spring?

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today was regularly scheduled rest day. Thank goodness. We went geocaching instead. That is always fun. Except I hate when I cannot find some that I seek.  I think my taper madness has set in a week early and I am starting to basket case.  This is the last really really really hard week and then taper starts immediately following Sunday's run. After that are only really hard weeks. Followed by a wickedly hard race.  But aren't all races hard?  aaack.

Damaris, I hope your flight schedule gets worked out satisfactorily (for some reason that word sounds and looks misspelled). Nothing like last minute sheet to throw the proverbial wrench in the monkey dung. Anyway, I have no doubt that you will do great and I will be stalking you.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Hip Redux

45 minutes on the spin bike aka I was not going to run in the cold rain because WTF spring already.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, Lori!

6 with the 2 at MP done outside.  Big mistake.  The MP miles felt like I racing a 5K.  Stupid weather.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

We had cold drizzle here so I ran my eight on the TM.