Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins, wishing it were Friday!! (Read 21 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy Penguins!!  I had a chorus team meeting last night which I eventually ended at 9:15, so I'm dragging a bit today.  I'm getting up earlier so I can do my PT (and should be earlier still), but I'm definitely feeling the lack of sleep!!

Quartet rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Hi, HsM!  Hope you have fun at rehearsal and get some rest tonight!

I am doing my best to get through the last week of school, one day at a time.  If I get enough done today and the crazy field trip pickup thing I'm supposed to help with doesn't get too late, I'll go to the track.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens.  Still sick - throat yuckiness etc.  My sister (the one who just got married) sounds even worse than I do.  So I'll probably take a rest day for today but I may go down and do like an easy 20 minutes on the treadmill just to help my sanity.

HsM - how's the PT going?  Do you feel any stronger?

Zel - is this your last week of school?  I think I have to meet with student through the 22nd - school runs pretty late in NYC.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Hope, 9:15pm?  I was starting dinner at that time!  I also wish it was Friday.

Z, count the days.

sapf, feel better.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm definitely stronger!  I don't know if it's going to fix all my problems, but it's definitely doing something! 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Hope, 9:15pm?  I was starting dinner at that time!  I also wish it was Friday.

Z, count the days.

sapf, feel better.

Yes, but you're insane in so many ways.  If I don't get 8 hours of sleep, I'm not completely functional the next day.

Zelanie

Saph- That is late! It's our last week this week, but of course I have a training part of next week. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning.  The band fell off my FR10 and I can't re-attach it.  It's as if the pinholes stretched out.  Deciding on a replacement band, new FR10, or new Garmin with wrist HRM.  What do you think I should do?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  The band fell off my FR10 and I can't re-attach it.  It's as if the pinholes stretched out.  Deciding on a replacement band, new FR10, or new Garmin with wrist HRM.  What do you think I should do?

Buy the TomTom with the original wrist HRM.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

It's an omen.  The running gods want you to get a new toy.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Thanks for starting us off, HopesMom.  Hope you get some good sleep and PT in today/tonight!

Zel, good luck getting to the track!

Jill, bummer that you are sick. Sad  I've always heard that you can keep running if it's just a cold, so maybe the 20 minutes on the TM will do you some good.

Damaris, happy running and pilates!

Jerry, I'm with Damaris - the TomTom Runner Cardio is pretty nice, and they have a SWEET deal going on right now for $159 with no sales tax!  That's almost half off the original price with sales tax!  Here it is;  TomTom

I ran 5 easy this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You will forget you ever heard of Garmins.  They take a bit to get used to due to their simplicity but you had the FR 10 so it might not be that different.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ain't running funny? Run last night at Fort Sam Houston at 5:30 PM..92 degrees, 'feels like' 95..gaaack! Even so, 3.2 miles done, with a couple of hills thrown in, although I was dragging a bit by the time I was done. Decided today a cooler run was in order, so got up at 5 a.m., went to one of the local YMCA's and started from there. 72 degrees, a bit humid, but felt much better. Did the same distance as yesterday...but finished 4 minutes faster. Umm, yeah..I think it's now the season to be a morning runner for the rest of the Texas summer.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

You will forget you ever heard of Garmins.  They take a bit to get used to due to their simplicity but you had the FR 10 so it might not be that different.

Does it have a replaceable band?