Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 20 times)

DavePNW

No morning run, since I plan to meet up with my Thursday evening brewery group tonight. So I could sleep in this morning, but of course got up at 4:45 anyway.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 7 at some point.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  I jogged 8 hilly miles this morning before today's heavy winds arrived, then I took doggo to the vet for her annual $630 routine maintenance.  She's worth it!

263 run miles for the month

275 bike miles for the month

0 swim miles ( <-- need to work on that)

<3

sdWhiskers

3 miles. Warm enough to not even need gloves with my tank/shorts anymore. Ran past a guy jogging wearing sweatpants, sweatshirt and jacket (!!). He sounded like I would if I was wearing all those clothes, gasping for breath. I almost asked if he was ok.

I need to give a presentation today to potentially several hundred people. Thank god for Teams! Tied with performance reviews for probably my least favorite part of my job.

DavePNW

263 run miles for the month

275 bike miles for the month

Dave

DavePNW

I need to give a presentation today to potentially several hundred people. Thank god for Teams! Tied with performance reviews for probably my least favorite part of my job.

Certainly a tough call between those two. But yeah, that's a lot easier over Teams than in a room! Plus in a room, you have to wear pants.

Dave

30min run/stand on the mill

20 mins pool run

right legs a wee bit better than yesterday

Baboon

delicate flower

I think if my birthday were on Leap Day, I'd probably celebrate it on March 1 during the non-leap years.  My logic there is that on February 28, the 29th hasn't happened yet and I'd be celebrating a day early if I did the 28th.  Well, realistically I'd probably celebrate it on whatever day Mom chose when I was a child.  If I were to have a child born on Leap Day, I'd probably make it a March 1 birthday those other years.

#justthinkingoutloudhere

<3

I think if my birthday were on Leap Day, I'd probably celebrate it on March 1 during the non-leap years.  My logic there is that on February 28, the 29th hasn't happened yet and I'd be celebrating a day early if I did the 28th.  Well, realistically I'd probably celebrate it on whatever day Mom chose when I was a child.  If I were to have a child born on Leap Day, I'd probably make it a March 1 birthday those other years.

#justthinkingoutloudhere

…. But when you turn ‘80’ you would be saying it’s your 20th birthday 🥳

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Baboon - nice month of work.

SDW - I'd much rather give a presentation than give (or receive) an annual review.  Maybe that comes with having been in a band of some form or another since 5th grade.

I've had a rough week.  Today's 8 with 5 at HM only got 2 HM miles done before I just gave up.  I wasn't even doing too bad on the pacing - just had no desire to keep going and barely convinced myself not to walk home.  At least I ran more miles in February than January (153.1 vs. 152.6).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

#justthinkingoutloudhere

But February 29th in Leap Years is the last day of February, so why not celebrate on the last day of February in non-Leap Years. i.e. February 28th?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Or, you could do fractions, rounded.  The first leap year, celebrate on the 29.   The next year, it is the 28¼, so celebrate on the 28th.  The next year is 28½, so again, the 28th.  The third year is 28¾, so go with March 1.

(I feel like Gulliver telling the Big-Endians and the Little-Endians to break their eggs open in the middle.)

sdWhiskers

No the correct answer is to celebrate on both Feb 28 AND Mar 1. Heck, we do birthday weeks in my house!

DavePNW

No the correct answer is to celebrate on both Feb 28 AND Mar 1. Heck, we do birthday weeks in my house!

I’ll refrain from posting another meme, but those are rookie numbers! DW declares a full birthday month.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My tradition is to take a vacation day on my birthday so I can sleep in regardless of the day of the week.