Beginners and Beyond

Good Vibes Friday Penguins (Read 22 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  Today I'm volunteering at bib pickup for my 9+1 volunteer credit with NYRR.  May as well qualify for 2016 just in case I enjoy the NYCM.  It is cold this morning so I may run with DH in the evening after volunteering and Chinese class - I think he's scheduled for 5 miles.

I'm wishing Jack (and his mother) good luck for today's surgery.  Hang in there Jack.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

Sending good thoughts to Jack's mom today (and Jack and family as well).

5 easy miles done. Holy cow, I'm going to be over 45 miles this week after my long run! Big grin One more big week ahead of me and then taper time!

Speaking of taper - good luck on Sunday Ginny, just in case I don't make it to the weekend Penguin thread tomorrow! Kid starts soccer in the morning, heading to a party in the afternoon, and I will squeeze in my LR between the two.

on my way to badass

Good Morning Penguins!  Yes I am still alive and running.

Good vibes for Jack, his Mom and family.

Sapf- have fun at bib pickup.

Lauren- you are killing the mileage!  Congrats.

AFM- I've been working on a 5k training plan to get a new PR at a big race(Freihofer's Run for Women) May 30.  DS is playing soccer and it is taking over our lives 

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

Good vibes Jack, hope all goes well.

RD today.

Zelanie

Sending good thoughts to Jack and family.

Ginny, I am so excited for you!  This is your moment- you've worked so hard for this!

SF- hiya!

SRD for me.  We are going to go see Night Vale live tonight.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning sapf, Lauren, Stone, PAD and Zel.

Health club machines are done and we will take a short run when DW gets back from Curves.  Then maybe we go out for lunch.

Have a great weekend !!!

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jack, thoughts and prayers for your family.

Jill, nice planning ahead to Nov 2016!  Have fun at bib pickup.

SF - hello again!

PAD & Zel - I'm joining you in a rest day.

Lauren, nice running and weekly miles!

Jerry, enjoy the run.

RD for me.  Kitchen demolition picks up again today - the guy will be here shortly to tear out the ceiling.  So I think I won't have a usable kitchen today and tomorrow.  Then it should be usable again for a few days until everything else is torn out - maybe on May 2?  I bought a Keurig yesterday so at least we'll have coffee during this process.  (although with the price of the Keurigs and the k-cups, it might be cheaper to run up to McDonald's every morning for a month!!)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, everybody!!  I had a lovely chorus rehearsal last night, but I'm SOOO glad it's Friday!!  I have a meeting for chorus tomorrow morning, and Saturday morning meetings are not my fave, but it's all good.  Then I have my next PT appointment Monday morning, so we'll see what fresh torture she wants to put me through!

Oh, and in honor of good vibes to Jack and his mom:

Awesome quartet sings Good Vibrations

sapf -- enjoy the volunteering and running with DH!!

Lauren -- woo-hoo for your 5 easy and your big week!!

Stone, how are ya??  Glad you're still alive and running!!

PAD -- enjoy your RD!!

Zelanie -- have fun tonight!!

Jerryb -- Woo-hoo for the health club, short run, and lunch out!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4-6 miles tonight.

Jack, I'll be thinking of your mom today. Hugs.

Hope, enjoy the rehearsal!

Hello to all.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Jack - my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

sapf - volunteering at races is fun, though when I did it a part of me really wished I was out there running.  NY is supposed to be a great marathon, so I think you'll be back.

Lauren - great job on the mileage this week.

StoneFence - welcome back.  Are you doing more miles, more speedwork or both?

PAD and Melanie - enjoy your rest day.

Jerry - I hope your run was a good one.  It's cold up there this week isn't it?  Enjoy your lunch out.

Brilliant - have you found some good places for take out while the kitchen is out of service?  Good luck with the remodel.

HM - sorry about the meeting in the morning.  I hope it's productive at least.  Good luck with you exercises this weekend

Another rest day for me.  I'm feeling antsy and not sleeping well.  Can't fall asleep and I'm waking up super early, for me.  The hamster wheels keep turning.  Definitely eating too much for this level of activity.  We're heading out somewhere today for at least a few miles in the woods.

Good morning,

Jack - my thoughts are with you and your family today. I'm envisioning angel wings fluttering over your mom in her surgery.

sapf - way to pay back and volunteer. Service work is so satisfying. I think I will make it a goal to volunteer at a race before the year is over.

Lauren - Wowzer. You rock!!

SF - good luck on your 5K PR training plan.

PAD and Zelanie - enjoy some R&R.

Jerry - enjoy lunch with your sweetheart.

Brilliant - Keep the vision of your new kitchen -- from the dust the phoenix riseth.

HsM - Loved the song! Especially the far guy on the left. Ahhhh-Ah!! Such fun.

Ginny - I hate that hamster.

AFM - late start this morning with overnight family. Got 3 enjoyable miles in (the rain). Don't think I'll tell DH or he'll scold me. I think he's sort of ticked at me for running the HM with my cold last weekend. Every time I cough he chides, "Why don't you go run another half marathon". Sure good thing I love him madly.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Thank you so much for the support. That means so much to me! Xoxo. I'm here at the hospital waiting with my dad and some of my mom's longtime friends. My mom was in great spirits when she went in and she is in good hands. Thank again, you guys are the coolest!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Had yesterday off, have today off.  It's been kinda crazy, but fun.  My  running started on Wednesday night after work. First, our local area had a big storm - lightning, thunder, really pouring down rain - but it cleared out right in time for my run/walk, nice, Mother Nature is watching out for me.  Did 3.2 miles in a local park and felt mucho better than my sluggish run on Tuesday at lunch time.  The air, however, after the storm, was thicker than molasses - humidity near 100%, dewpoint in the 70s, temp near 80, gaaack!   Same thing for Thursday morning for my run at Lackland Air Force Base with a couple of my also-retired Air Force buddies.  Even so, we all felt pretty good and got in a fairly strong run/walk of 42 minutes, and even did a bit of 'hill work" by crossing over 3 of the pedestrian overpasses on the base.  After that we showered and changed at the gym and then all went to one of the local Fiesta festivals where we worked as volunteers for a couple of hours...and got free beer too, nice!    Now it's Friday and we had a helluva storm early this morning, thunder, lightning, power knocked out for a short while.  Non-running day for me, but I went around and got my packets for my three races this weekend:  one in the a.m. on Saturday, one in the p.m. on Saturday, and an a.m. one on Sunday.  Thankfully, the storms are supposed to pay out tonite and Saturday is supposed to be a really lovely day - although it WILL be near 90 degrees Saturday evening for my p.m. event.  No worries cuz there will be cold beer at the finish! 

So look forward to a few race reports from me by Sunday, accompanied of course with lots of photos.  The Saturday PM event photos should be lots of fun because this is a Fiesta race and lots of folks run in costume wearing that one.

Today I am just chillin', staying out of the rain and resting my legs up for my weekend miles.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 easy for us. Tired from yesterday's 6.

Good luck on the weekend Trifecta Scotty.

Hoping for good news, Jack.