Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies with a wintry mix (Read 29 times)

The only time I run in the mornings is my long(ish) run on the weekend - or races.

Most of my week day runs are at lunch, and occasionally after work.

Even now I'm procrastinating like crazy before heading out.  Smile

Have 11 on the schedule.

Another benefit of morning running; if my brain was fully awake and functioning properly, I would run much less.

Dave

LRB

The only time I run in the mornings is my long(ish) run on the weekend - or races.

Most of my week day runs are at lunch, and occasionally after work.

Even now I'm procrastinating like crazy before heading out.  Smile

Have 11 on the schedule.

lol

Are you running with an audio book today or to the serene sounds of nature? I had taken to running long with music beginning last fall, but somewhere along the line it screwed up my breathing rhythm, so now I run to the sounds of nature. Yay.

LRB

Another benefit of morning running; if my brain was fully awake and functioning properly, I would run much less.

Yes, I found myself dreading my evening runs last month. I even gave credit to those who do it as a matter of routine. It was a burden on my mind.

Yes, I found myself dreading my evening runs last month. I even gave credit to those who do it as a matter of routine. It was a burden on my mind.

Even on weekends when I eat breakfast and sit around for a bit before going out mid-morning, I seem to procrastinate for a long time.

Dave

LRB

Even on weekends when I eat breakfast and sit around for a bit before going out mid-morning, I seem to procrastinate for a long time.

I'm doing it right now. lol

I'm doing it right now. lol

I'm already thinking about tomorrow's procrastination before having to go out for 17 w/10 MP.

Dave

onemile

I don't usually dread my evening runs. I usually run right after work and that is just business as usual.  I only dread them when I have a impossibly hard workout

onemile

I'm already thinking about tomorrow's procrastination before having to go out for 17 w/10 MP.

You jumped right into the boiling pot of water

LRB

lol

Easy there, one run at a time. Anymore than that and synaptic failure may occur.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning I drug my ass out of bed and headed to the gym.

No automatic alt text available.

Then I headed home and loaded up the dogs and we headed for the trails. Dude I am not great with math but at least 75% of those trails were flooded and muddy and slick. It was slow going..... but we enjoyed ourselves.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: outdoor

Displaying 20170401_053838.jpg

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I don't usually dread my evening runs. I usually run right after work and that is just business as usual.  I only dread them when I have a impossibly hard workout

You and those of your ilk have adjusted. I switched from evening workouts to morning workouts about 10 before I began running, so when the running bug hit, it was a natural carryover. Back then I owned a business and was raising a family so it was the only way I was assured of life not getting in the way of my workouts. I actually gave up watching Jay Leno and started going to bed before 10:00 to make the transition, sniffle. lol

You jumped right into the boiling pot of water

Heh. That's yer 12 week plan.

Dave

You and those of your ilk have adjusted. I switched from evening workouts to morning workouts about 10 before I began running, so when the running bug hit, it was a natural carryover. Back then I owned a business and was raising a family so it was the only way I was assured of life not getting in the way of my workouts. I actually gave up watching Jay Leno and started going to bed before 10:00 to make the transition, sniffle. lol

Hard to believe I used to run after work or at lunch all the time. Of course I was running a lot fewer miles back then; it's hard to squeeze in a midweek 15-miler at lunchtime and keep my job.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

2:09 and change. The running gods gave me a nice big fuck you with a headwind in the last part. Guess I reversed the trend, but still not what I want to see.

LRB

2:09 and change. The running gods gave me a nice big fuck you with a headwind in the last part. Guess I reversed the trend, but still not what I want to see.