Beginners and Beyond

Glacial TUESDAILIES (Read 37 times)

It's currently 11F, with a dew point of -8F and a feels-like of -1F. It's dark. I think that I'll go to the gym, thankyouverymuch.

StepbyStep-SH

I don't blame you, Basya - have a good run.

I'm undecided. I started having pain in my knee going up and down stairs yesterday. It is the same knee I twisted, but pain in a different place. The twist caused pain on the side to the inside when putting sideways pressure or twisting pressure on the joint. This hurts only when going up or down and is on the top of the knee to the front. I'll see how the morning goes and test it on the stairs. If it still hurts, URD. If not, 7 easy on the TM after taking DS to school. I had already ruled out my strength training class because I've done something to one arm/shoulder - it hurts when I hit a certain angle lifting it above my head. I feel like I'm falling apart.

The good news - it is actually 11* and even the "feels like" is a positive number (3*). Which means DS and the rest of the kids will get to go outside for recess today! For parents and teachers, that is cause for celebration!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

'Sup!

Today is the last of the four consecutive Tuesday's I took off from work to essentially run outside.  I have a pretty big run on tap which will come much later this morning, so no coffee just yet as I have not gotten up yet.

B, hope you had a good run.  It is funny how those decisions make themselves.

Hold it together Step.  Spring is upon us and you will not want to miss that!

delicate flower

GOOOOOOD MORNING!  It's is a beautiful -8 with the wind here in Hoop City this morning.  By the time I get out for my run later today, the temp should be a downright comfortable 29 degrees.  Speaking of which, 8 miles at 8:12 pace last night.  It was cold.  I think it took two hours for my jaw to thaw after the run.

Feeling pretty stiff in my everywhere region this morning.  I think tonight's effort will be an easy one.  werd.

<3

happylily

Morning!

My left knee is weeping and one of my toes on the right foot is still infected and swollen. When running affects my well-being, it's time to pass. No running today, I will soak the toe tonight in epsom salt.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Greetings from Buffalo, where it was -5F this morning. What do you do when you wake up at 3:45 AM in a hotel and can't get back to sleep? Hit the 24-hr fitness center of course! 12 miles on the treadmill with 8 at MP.

Try to stay warm people.

Dave

Shari, I hope that your knee is better soon. Be well, whatever you do.

Rick, enjoy your run.

Phil, 29F? I envy you.

Lily, ouch! What happened?

DaveP MI, bravo on a terrific twelve-miler before sunrise.

6.25 miles in 59:55. 9.36 pace. It was a nice progression run on the TM:

mile 1 - 6.0mph (10:00)

mile 2 - 6.1mph (9:49)

mile 3 - 6.2mph (9:40)

mile 4 - 6.3mph (9:31)

mile 5 - 6.4mph (9:22)

mile 6 - 6.5mph (9:13)

mile .25 - 6.6mph (9:05)

From the Internet.

Basya I had the exact same thought process with very similar weather. 3.1 on the treadmill for me.

Lauren710, brava on the 3.1.

I broke out an unused pair of Kinvara 3s for this morning's run. My previous pair is still good, but this felt even nicer.

I'll overhaul my rotation (six pairs) in April.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone! It's my hell meeting day. I'm packing the running gear to get in some easy miles after work. Fortunately, I can head out the door and onto the greenway.

Hope everyone has a good day!

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning everyone! It's my hell meeting day. I'm packing the running gear to get in some easy miles after work. Fortunately, I can head out the door and onto the greenway.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Green? Hmm.... green ... yes, I think I remember that color.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It was a balmy 70F when I got to Broward, so we are having a cold front after the warmest Winter on record for Miami.  Wait, wrong crowd?

Biking tonight.  I'll be in court most of the day.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is my Friday, I will be off work the rest of the week.  Not that I'm looking forward to it, though....I'm off because of my upcoming colonoscopy.  Tomorrow is my "Prep Day" - nothing but liquids for tomorrow and have to drink that oh-so-tasty prep drink.    Thursday morning up early to finish it off, and then off to the hospital.  Friday, I am just taking off to 'chill" and get back to normal eating habits.  And I can't drive for 24 hours after the procedure anyway, so might as well stay home from work.   Today will be my last run until Saturday when I have my 5K.  I plan on doing 3 - 4 easy miles at a local park.

It is not glacial in San Antonio, thank goodness!  The weather has improved a bit from yesterday, it is 35 degrees here this morning instead of the 25 we had yesterday.  We are warming up to 54 today.  By tomorrow we are supposed to be back into the 70s for your highs...crazy Texas weather! However, I'm counting my blessings, I could be in the East, North, Midwest, and dealing with what a lot of you are dealing with, all that snow and ice!  Ummm...NO!  I'm happy to stay in San Antonio, thank you very much.

Congrats, Basya, on even GETTING to the gym in that stuff!

it hurts when I hit a certain angle lifting it above my head. Well, then, Step, don't do that!   Sorry you're having aches and pains, hope they resolve quickly!   Maybe you are beginning to have a bit of arthritis in some areas. Break out the aspercreme!

Good luck, LRB, with your big run on tap...and don't slip and fall into the sink.

Feeling pretty stiff in my everywhere region this morning.   Hell, Baboon, that's my daily morning routine, lol. And especially when the weather gets colder.  My arthritic fingers would not work right this morning, so Gail had to tie my shoes, lol. I'm regressing back to childhood!   But at least I'm not back to the diaper yet.   Take a nice hot shower - as hot as you can stand it - that is what I have to do in the morning - and especially before I go do a race - just so I can get all my parts moving again, it's like it 'thaws me out", lol.   Enjoy running in your 29-degree heat wave!

Lily, sounds like you have an ingrown toenail.  Might have to go to the doc and get that toenail torn out  ummm...removed. What's up with the weeping knee?  Did you fall or something and cut it!  Bad lily, BAD LILY!  NO hurting the Great Legs!    Hope you feel better!

What do you do when you wake up at 3:45 AM in a hotel and can't get back to sleep?  Have some Jack Daniels on the beside table. Congrats on getting your miles in already, DaveP!  Your solution for not getting back to sleep is probably healthier than mine.

Good luck with hell meeting, Hobbit! Enjoy that greenway run, sounds like you might need it!

Congrats on the miles, Lauren!  Did you have to get out into that weather too, to get to the gym, or are you one of the lucky ones that has a home TM?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  It was a balmy 70F when I got to Broward, so we are having a cold front after the warmest Winter on record for Miami.  Wait, wrong crowd?

Biking tonight.  I'll be in court most of the day.

Are you happy to be back at work, Damaris?  Sounds like your healing is going very well, thank goodness.

Your winter weather is certainly better than even San Antonio's.  We do get the occasional freeze, which sucks as far as I'm concerned.  I HATE being cold!  Give me 90 degrees over 40 degrees any day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Monday's 6 miler will be tonight, and temps are warming up to the 40s this week and next week.....but there will be some rain (pooh on rain).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)