Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins (Read 11 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Happy Tuesday Pens!

Today I've got 3 miles to do.  I'll probably do intervals on the treadmill.

Other than that, I've got a whole bunch of packing to do.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and the 5 miles I missed yesterday.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I had a lovely lazy weekend -- even too lazy for my Saturday run, so oops.  Did Monday's, though!!  We got up around 8 and went out for our run, and it was almost chilly!  No rain or wind from Hermine, so it was a nice weekend all the way around.  Our biggest adventure was flushing the mud out of our hot water heater.  When it rains, our well water gets muddy, and eventually it kinda settles in the bottom of our hot water heater.  So DH spent the day with a hose run down the stairs and out the back door, flushing away.  Hopefully that'll keep my bath water from being so ... brown.  SRD today, and I have no idea if I have quartet rehearsal tonight or tomorrow.  Doh!

Jill -- enjoy your 3, and packing!!  Packing sucks, but at least you have an exciting new house to go to!

Docket -- enjoy your Pilates and make-up 5!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Tuesday already. 4 mIles done this morning

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.1 run/walk @ 73* DP.  At least this time of year the sun is a little lower so we get more shade on our runs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3.1 run/walk @ 73* DP.  At least this time of year the sun is a little lower so we get more shade on our runs.

In here, the sun never does that. Waahhh.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

You need a couple of cabana boys, one to run alongside holding a parasol over your head, and the other to fan you with giant palm fronds as you run!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Jill - I hope you enjoyed your 3 miles, even if it was on the TM. Good luck with the packing.

D - I hope you had a good 5 miles today.  What happened yesterday?

HM - sounds like a nice weekend.  Did you ever figure out when you are supposed to sing this week?

PAD - nice work on the early 4.

Jerry - you're more humid than we are. Are you also about 90? Good job on the 3.1.  Practicing for a race or did it just end up that way?

I did 5 on the TM, including some 1/4 mile intervals.  It's been a long time since I've done any speed work, thanks to my never-ending hamstring issue, but if I decide to do any races this fall, they'll be short ones, so I need to get used to something besides marathon pace and long run pace..  It's time to see if I have any faster gears.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ginny, my piriformis was hurting all day and even pilates didn't help it, so I took my RD just in case. Nice job on the speedwork.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ginny, we just wanted to get a few more miles in (despite the heat) and we will take a RD when it rains the next couple of days.  Next race is a trail HM in a month. Hopefully it will be cooler by then.