Beginners and Beyond

Wake up it’s FriDailies (Read 37 times)

It’s Friday once again.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

Happy Friday LET'S SHOW SOME HUSTLE.

Speaking of hustle, I jogged four miles before work.  My legs didn't want to be there.  I also wore headphones, which is something I rarely do, but I was in the mood for some tunes.

<3

Morning everyone.

Can’t believe Anthony Bourdain is gone...so sad.

Easy 7 this am. 8:11avg. Plus 4 strides. Didn’t get a double in yesterday but got a great core workout in. Some hills/tempo on tap for tomorrow.

My 235 should be here today. Super excited. This Tomtom is dying on me after every run. The battery is shot.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Can’t believe Anthony Bourdain is gone...so sad.

+1

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 15 hilly miles. The elevation gain was about 1900 feet, with a 1.5 mile 6% hill.   It was hard, like it's supposed to be, but not overwhelming.  I think my overall fitness level is the highest it has ever been.  If I was still able to run 80+ miles a week, I would be dangerous to the other old and slow mid-packers.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!  Seriously.

Runner with a riding problem.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Hello everyone.  Another early morning run for me.  4:33 am, according to my watch.  Ran 6 easy and occasionally wished I had worn long sleeves (there were times I could see my breath).  I'm on track to get over 40 miles for the week, which will be the first time in a while.  My mileage tends to drop off when I'm racing as I take more rest/short days.  Looking forward to starting my runs a bit later this weekend.

Baboon, Jay, PR - Nice job getting the morning miles in.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  It's my Friday off.  We have Pilates at noon and then I'll run tonight.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, we spent most of last night checking houses for rent in Seattle.  The price range is very affordable, especially compared to Miami.  That gave me hope.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Happy Friday all!

I suffered through another morning run today. It wasn't as painful or tear-laden as yesterday's was, but it was rough nonetheless. In two days of morning runs my Garmin has taken 2 points off my VO2 max haha. Thank god my body seems to know that race days are different animal, or else I'd be hunting the heck out of a night marathon.

Pleasant...Your post made me laugh. I'm guessing if you can run that kind of hill, you're still pretty dangerous to the old and mid pack crowd.

Fred...Nice work getting the miles up!

Jay...What is it with these successful folks taking their own lives lately? Just a sad commentary on the state of our world I guess. It's so hard to relate to though. I'm pretty sure money would make me happy (shallow as that sounds).

Baboon...I'm with you on the infrequent tunes. I use mine as an occasional treat, as I don't want to depend on them to get me through runs. You know, because suffering is more fun and better for you 

Docket...My thoughts about your comment yesterday were that if you were self-aware enough to understand that you may have shown your insecurities, you were probably aware enough to cover up your insecurities too. I hope you get the opportunity, in part selfishly just because I want to see what kind of runner you'll become if you have the chance to train somewhere other than on the sun.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Baboon...I'm with you on the infrequent tunes. I use mine as an occasional treat, as I don't want to depend on them to get me through runs. You know, because suffering is more fun and better for you 

I've just come to enjoy the sounds around me rather than tune them out.  And I love the sounds of a race.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I've just come to enjoy the sounds around me rather than tune them out.  And I love the sounds of a race.

+1

(with the exception of when the race sounds include someone else playing music on a portable speaker, especially when it's "Eye of the Tiger" on perpetual loop)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

I'm wearing white pants. 2 hours down, 6 to go. #idiot

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I'm wearing white pants. 2 hours down, 6 to go. #idiot

Um, Easter is more than 9 months away.  A little early, no?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

delicate flower

I've been really busy at work this week and have barely read the dailies.  Stupid work.  Anyway, a funny thing happened in my race last weekend when I got pegged with a four minute penalty for forgetting to wear my bib number on the run.  I had it under my shoe in transition so I would not blow away and I forgot to put it on.  I realized a half mile into the run that I forgot it.  An official spotted me right near the finish and looked me up and down, so I knew I was toast.  So instead of a 5:33 finish, I get a 5:37 finish.  Cost me 22 spots in the results.  D'oh!!    I'd complain, but I deserve the penalty.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Um, Easter is more than 9 months away.  A little early, no?

LOL.

Damaris