Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 21 times)

DavePNW

Starting the thread to report not running. Well I probably will later. But after having rain yesterday, and 31 degrees this morning, I’d prefer to avoid ice and wait till after it warms up. Either lunchtime or late afternoon I guess.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 miles on the treadmill & strength training. Will try to get out after work for a run.

delicate flower

It is Monday and you know what that do!!!  I was up early for an easy one hour recovery spin on the bike trainer.  I'll run during my lunch hour.  Spring weather arrives this week and I can't wait.  Not so much today, but at least it is sunny.

Re: work from home, the company won't start letting people back into the office until June, which realistically means September since they are not going to just let everybody back into the building all at once.

<3

DavePNW

Re: work from home, the company won't start letting people back into the office until June, which realistically means September since they are not going to just let everybody back into the building all at once.

My company is not even really talking about it yet. I’m WFH regardless, but when people start coming back to the facilities dictates when I might do some traveling. Actually they do let people in, with some precautions, but it’s purely optional.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We don't have a date of return and I doubt it will be in 2021.

I have an RD so I will lift. But since I didn't run yesterday I might go outside with a couple of miles.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Re WFH, Today is the first day we have students in the building for an actual school day as opposed to visits by individual students. Very limited number, but it's a start and we go to all classrooms having kids back in mid-April. I've already broached the subject of keeping some WFH days once we get back to "normal", which probably doesn't happen until September. There are parts of my job I need to go in for and have been doing so for the last year. Ideally, I'd want to do 2 days in office and 3 WFH, but not sure that will fly. For right now, there preference is for those who can WFH home to do so to keep the number of staff in the building down.

sdWhiskers

I prefer running in the mornings but DS has baseball practice after work, so I'll run laps around the fields during that 90 min. Multi-tasking!

If I was still 100% wfh, I'd have lost my mind. My role at work switched a little in Jan which has had me physically at work less the past few weeks. I was in this past Friday for the full day and it felt so good. I probably walk ~2 miles when I'm at work; sitting in my spare bedroom office for 8h just cannot compare. I also like most of my direct coworkers so seeing everyone in person makes even this introvert quite happy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am the opposite. Every time I have to go to the office and sit there alone for 10 hours it gives me a migraine, lol.

I can work out of my "office" at home forever.

Damaris

onemile

It's spring starting today here(getting to 59 today!). At least for a week.

We were told we would be WFH until the vaccine was widely available.. it's been a full year since I have gone into the office now and we have been given a lot of mixed messages about returning .... everything from we need to start getting in the mindset of returning / planning for when we return to we are more productive working from home so even when things return to 'normal' we will be working from home a lot more and may need to only go in once per month.  So who knows. I don't expect the vaccine to be "widely available" until May and then it's going to take a month to get the 2nd dose and then another 10 days for that to kick in. and then some kind of 'gradual return' to the office... or not.  Maybe July. 

DavePNW

Well a lot of companies are certainly using this as an opportunity to make more people WFH long term, either part time or full time, and save a lot of money on office space.

Dave

onemile

Well a lot of companies are certainly using this as an opportunity to make more people WFH long term, either part time or full time, and save a lot of money on office space.

I wouldn't mind going into the office once a week to get out of the house but I don't really want to have to go in every day

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hoping the dinosaur that is my employer does the same. Except for a couple of people that are having a hard time working from home (and coincidentally they are the same people that hardly work well from the office) everybody is way more productive at home in our office.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Every time I have to go to the office and sit there alone for 10 hours it gives me a migraine, lol.

Yeah that doesn't sound enjoyable.

I guess for me, the kind of work I can do at home vs at work is very different. WFH means I'm doing the "less fun" stuff.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wouldn't mind going into the office once a week to get out of the house but I don't really want to have to go in every day

Same. In fact, unless I have court in downtown or a meeting of creditors, there is no need for me to go.

And I hope the BS of driving to Evansville or other courts through IN and then have to return to the office is gone for good. That's BS right there.

Damaris

onemile

I guess for me, the kind of work I can do at home vs at work is very different. WFH means I'm doing the "less fun" stuff.

my job is exactly the same whether I am in the office or not. And a large percentage of my co-workers / people I work with on projects are based in different locations, so I do not see them in the office anyway and our meetings are on Teams anyway