Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 21 times)

Cyberic

I prefer running in the mornings but DS has baseball practice after work, so I'll run laps around the fields during that 90 min. Multi-tasking.

That is how/why I started running on the first place.

sdWhiskers

That is how/why I started running on the first place.

It's either that or endless small talk with the other moms, blah

Cyberic

Oh and sdW, you ran big mileage last week. Congrats!

DavePNW

Is it the playoffs already? LOL. Nice work.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Thanks! I've been in a funk and wanted to see if More Miles was the answer. TBD.

DavePNW

Thanks! I've been in a funk and wanted to see if More Miles was the answer. TBD.

The runner philosophy: more miles as the solution to all life’s problems.

Dave

delicate flower

I'll run during my lunch hour. 

Done, 8 miles.  Tired legs but surprisingly fast.

<3

2.5 flat workday run, sticking with my plan, accotink tomorrow

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

We've been told we won't be back in the office until 3rd quarter at the earliest, and even then it likely won't be everyone at first.  That's fine with me.

5 miles easy pace, including 1½ with my younger son, who's training for an 8k.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

sdWhiskers

So there's a rat in my driveway, weirdly flopping around. Probably from ingesting poison? I noticed it 30 min ago and it's still alive. Do I need to do anything? I called MrW and he said "better you, than me" . FWIW I would not be capable of hitting with a shovel, etc.

DavePNW

So there's a rat in my driveway, weirdly flopping around. Probably from ingesting poison? I noticed it 30 min ago and it's still alive. Do I need to do anything? I called MrW and he said "better you, than me" . FWIW I would not be capable of hitting with a shovel, etc.

You could check your municipal or county website and see if they have a number for animal control. Maybe someone will come out & take it away. Or maybe they’ll tell you to hit it with a shovel and throw it in the garbage.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Animal control?

Do you have any sort of city/county rat programs? IDK what to call it, but in the neighborhood near mine, the county first went through all the yards to check for rat evidence, put up color coded flags for yes/no rats and then put down something to get rid of the rats.

The county program provided all sorts of fun FB posts. My favorites were the ones complaining that neighbors had vegetable gardens & therefore were feeding the rats. I think they actually wanted to ban vegetable gardens.

delicate flower

I called MrW and he said "better you, than me"

LMAO this is exactly how the conversation would go with me and DW.  There are many things she would handle without asking me about it, but this ain't one of them.  I would most likely get the shovel from the garage, scoop up the rat, and toss it into the woods.  I would not hit it with the shovel.

<3

DavePNW

LMAO this is exactly how the conversation would go with me and DW.  There are many things she would handle without asking me about it, but this ain't one of them.  I would most likely get the shovel from the garage, scoop up the rat, and toss it into the woods.  I would not hit it with the shovel.

We are not right next to any woods, but I suppose I could toss it over the fence into one of the neighbors’ yards. I do guarantee, whatever we did it would be indisputably my job.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I'd have to carry it on the shovel for ~300m to get to the edge of the canyon but did I mention that the rat is still squirming around. Eeek

It may be International Women's Day but I willingly delegate this responsibility.