Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - is that you? (Read 35 times)

Zelanie

Dave- Ouch!  What a way to start taper!  I fell and scraped my knee pretty badly in Costa Rica.  It got all kinds of nasty and kept opening back up until I got some combination steroid/antibiotic cream at the pharmacy down there that seriously healed it over in 1 day.  But it left a big red spot that's still there.  Not sure if you can get magic steroid cream here (but as long as you don't plan to win your marathon it should be OK, right?), but other than the bleeding it didn't affect my running at all.

The cream had had neomycin and clostebol in it.  It's also apparently found in a lot of professional athletes' girlfriends' medicine cabinets, and they all seem to have accidentally used some right before a random drug test.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

DaveP: Dang, sorry to hear that. I hope everything is ok for you.

I had a nice surprise last night. I was poking around under my bed looking for some drum heads and what did I find? A BRAND NEW pair of Kinvara 3's that I had stashed under there about a year ago. I had completely forgotten about them. I took them out of the box and went for a five mile run and they felt nice. I love the cushion of new shoes.

On a completely different note, Obama is going to be at the park where DD's XC team holds most of their practices. He and a local Congresswoman were in kahoots on a federal land grab and have turned 350,000 acres of forest, where I live, into a National Monument. Needless to say, traffic was a complete joke, but they will be done by early afternoon. If you see it on the news, you can say "Hey, that's where Jack Klompus does a lot of his running." Smile

Have a good weekend.

outoftheblue

SRD for me.

Good luck Phil on your HM tomorrow!

Good luck Docket on Sunday!

Dave -- ouch.  I hope that heals up fast.

Life is good.

LRB

6 easy. At about 5.5, tripped on some uneven sidewalk and did a faceplant on the cement. Just an expression, my face did not contact the concrete. But I would have preferred that - you don't need a face to run. Also inconsequential: one elbow pretty badly scraped up; hands would have been in much worse shape except today at 38 degrees was literally the first day of the year I wore gloves. (Need new gloves now.) However, tore up both knees pretty good. I'm hoping just superficial damage, certainly bleeding enough, but just walking around my right knee hurts like a mofo. I'm sure plenty of y'all have taken a fall like that (just guessing!), wondering what to expect as far as lasting effects. I'm pretty sure I would have a tough time running right now, not sure how it'll feel tomorrow. Fuckity fuck fuck.

Thankfully easy is an effort so all you really got to do is run at whatever effort is easy and you should be okay with 9 days to go yet.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jack, everytime he visits here it's a clusterfuck of traffic. Good luck!

Phil, forgot to say good luck!

Damaris

LRB

Jack, everytime he visits here it's a clusterfuck of traffic. Good luck!

+1

And that goes for any president or vice president. The closest I've have come to either is seeing air force 2, that thing was the whitest white I have ever seen in my life!

Seeing the agents atop buildings was pretty rad as well.

Thankfully easy is an effort so all you really got to do is run at whatever effort is easy and you should be okay with 9 days to go yet.

Also I figure if I have to blow off tomorrow's run, no big deal at this point in the game.

The 10-day forecast is in: 60% chance of rain!  Oh well that will move around plenty between now & then. Temps of 60/46 are a few degrees warmer than expected, but should be OK.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It does not help that I get traffic going into work only to drive back home for 3 hours because I live by the airport and AF One is leaving.

Damaris

LRB

Also I figure if I have to blow off tomorrow's run, no big deal at this point in the game.

The 10-day forecast is in: 60% chance of rain!  Oh well that will move around plenty between now & then. Temps of 60/46 are a few degrees warmer than expected, but should be OK.

The weather sites get their own tab on my computer I go to them so damn much the closer the event gets. lol

delicate flower

Good luck Phil on your HM tomorrow!

Phil, forgot to say good luck!

Thanks, yo.  

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Haha. You are excused. It was Andrea I was getting ready to whip. 

I'll have you know that I ran 5 on Tuesday, 10 on Wednesday and 4.2 on Thursday. This morning was supposed to be 6 miles but due to mommy duties the 6 will have to wait until tonight.

For lunch we are going to the infamous Westside Nut Club Fall Festival, where everything is deep fried.....thankfully it only comes for a week once a year.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Thanks, yo.  

If they know like I know they would be wishing the course good luck.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yeah, but a splash of rubbing alcohol will make you run fast!

Wink

Dang, sorry to hear that, Dave.  Ya big clutz.  You'll probably just ache and sting for a few runs.   I found that putting large band-aids over the cuts during runs keeps the air off and sting down.

Just popping in, staying cocooned until post MCM.

Yeah, but a splash of rubbing alcohol will make you run fast!

I looked around the house for rubbing alcohol, but I guess I drank it all.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 this am.

Marjorie