Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - is that you? (Read 35 times)

B-Plus

Sorry Dave. Those scars will make you look badass though.

I'll run 6 miles at some point today.

LRB

Well ladies and gentlemen, it is 4:30 and I have made my decision!

happylily

Oh, poor Dave... 

I had completely forgotten that today was the day of my appointment for that stupid mapa device for measuring my blood pressure over the next 24h. The doc said I could do anything I wanted with it on, but obviously, he's not a runner. First, I have to sit down every 30 minutes when a reading is happening. Arms must not move. Secondly, I have a cuff around my arm, with a big tube that goes up around my neck and down to a belt strapped around my waist, and a thing big as a huge cell phone dangles on my hip. They didn't have anything small enough for me, so the belt is very loose. Not very comfortable for running... But most horrific of all: I cannot take a shower for the next 24 hours.  Guess I'll skip the 16 miler and opt for 5 slow ones instead, then wash by hand after and forget my hair. Stupid thing... Plus, so far, all my readings have been in the normal range. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well ladies and gentlemen, it is 4:30 and I have made my decision!

About what to drink?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, poor Dave... 

I had completely forgotten that today was the day of my appointment for that stupid mapa device for measuring my blood pressure over the next 24h. The doc said I could do anything I wanted with it on, but obviously, he's not a runner. First, I have to sit down every 30 minutes when a reading is happening. Arms must not move. Secondly, I have a cuff around my arm, with a big tube that goes up around my neck and down to a belt strapped around my waist, and a thing big as a huge cell phone dangles on my hip. They didn't have anything small enough for me, so the belt is very loose. Not very comfortable for running... But most horrific of all: I cannot take a shower for the next 24 hours.  Guess I'll skip the 16 miler and opt for 5 slow ones instead, then wash by hand after and forget my hair. Stupid thing... Plus, so far, all my readings have been in the normal range. 

Ugh. That sucks.

Damaris

LRB

About what to drink?

You know me well babe, now beer me! 

LRB

But most horrific of all: I cannot take a shower for the next 24 hours.  Guess I'll skip the 16 miler and opt for 5 slow ones instead, then wash by hand after and forget my hair.

That is no good reason to skip a 16 mile run, I'm just sayin'.

happylily

That is no good reason to skip a 16 mile run, I'm just sayin'.

Yeah, I feel like a wimp after reading about the guy from Mystic, Connecticut, who won Fuzzy's AG with a 2:38 marathon last Sunday. He had his entire colon taken out after years with Crohn's disease and now runs with a bag attached to him. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Yeah, I feel like a wimp after reading about the guy from Mystic, Connecticut, who won Fuzzy's AG with a 2:38 marathon last Sunday. He had his entire colon taken out after years with Crohn's disease and now runs with a bag attached to him. 

Holy um, shit.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's bad ass!

I ran 3 with hubby.

And I am having a martini.  Figured it has carbs, no?

Damaris

LRB

And I am having a martini.  Figured it has carbs, no?

Yes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes.

So, the more the merrier (more martinis, more carbs)?

Damaris

LRB

So, the more the merrier (more martinis, more carbs)?

Yes, more of each.  Hurry!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, more of each.  Hurry!

Hey, take it easy.  I won't pick dinner up until 9pm!  I'll catch up!

Damaris

LRB

Hey, take it easy.  I won't pick dinner up until 9pm!  I'll catch up!

K.  I got one more in me then I am done.