Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Are Having A Succorrhoea Saturday! (Read 32 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) ShyShyShy

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gail is still in Indianapolis and it's after midnite there, so I am starting the thread in her honor, as I am still awake and missing her.  Hard for me to sleep when I can't hear her breathing beside me.    Thank goodness she will be home tomorrow night!

Succorrhoea (suk″o-re´ah) - excessive secretion.

Which is probably what most of we Penguins will be doing where we live, as hot as it is!  Temp here in San Antonio will be another 'whopper' for Saturday, with actual temp high of 100 and the 'feels like' temp of 105. Heck, it is nearly midnite here now and it is still 85 degrees!   I have an 8K starting at 7 a.m. and the temp is not going to drop that much from now, it will be 76 degrees at start time and dewpoint of 68, with humidity at  72%.  MAJOR succorrhoea for me, heck I sweat profusely during and after I run when it's 50 degree, so I'm probably gonna be leaving little pools of sweat everywhere after this race.  Gonna just take it nice and easy, especially since I haven't done 8K distance in several months, and will take lots of photos.  Report to follow sometime tomorrow.

Then I get up Sunday morning and do it again, with a 5K this time.  Appropriately called "Too Hot To Handle 5K."

Everyone have a great Saturday and good luck with your own succorrhoea areas!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Amazonian Princess

Scotty, you are so sweet to start this thread in Miss Gail's time zone! I totally understand about missing your partner because I wake up if DH goes for a drink of water during the night just because the bed feels different.

Saturday is my birthday and I'm getting up early to run a 5k at 0630. If you knew me a year ago you might be as amazed to hear that as I am to type it! In the last eleven months since I started running, I've lost weight while gaining fitness and confidence. I'm so glad that I didn't wait any longer to get my butt off the couch and I'm thankful to have found this group. I don't post every day but when I do everyone has been supportive and patient with my newb questions, and I just had to say thanks.

So, Thank You, Penguins Smile

I can. I will. I am. 

Bin Running

Scotty, so sweet! I learnt a new word today.

Bacon, happy birthday. You have made a healthier choice and glad you are seeing results.

13M done in the morning. Weather is good for running. No sun for the whole route. Yeah!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Good morning friends.

Scotty seeing your racing calendar yesterday inspired me to check out my local one. I found a 5k for today down in kingsville. I am about to head out and see what happens.

Baconista- happy b day lady. I hope today is great.

Bin- great job dude.

I will check back in after a few hours with hopefully good info about my 5k.

Make today great.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - I wish you had made the trip to Indiana too.  I'd take a break from training to run a race with you Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  Happy Bday Bacon and congrats on your huge accomplishment.

Another day of stretching, icing, and walking.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles later.

Scotty, so funny how you talk about missing Gail and then you follow it with a word that means secretion.

Baconista, good luck on the 5K!  Happy Birthday!

Bin, nice run.  No sun is a big plus.

Tomas, good luck with the 5K.

Awood, morning!

Jerry, hope the stretching helps.

Damaris

hog4life

Bacon, Happy Birthday!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Scotty: thanks for the vocabulary lessons. I know what you mean about not sleeping the same. I'm the same way when DW is gone.

Bacon: happy birthday and congrats!! Smile

Bin: great 13!!

T-rod: good luck in the 5k.

Awood: the beer is much better in MT than UT.

Jerry: good luck with the hip.

Docket: you should put the Missoula Marathon on your list. It is a cool town!

Hog: I hope the PF gets better.

As for me, today is the race expo and bib pickup. We are going to putt around town, check out the university, and find some things to do. Yesterday there was a great thunderstorm with lots of lightning. It lasted about 15 minutes and then it was sunny and 85 again. A few years ago we were here and learned a local saying: "If you don't like the weather in Montana, wait five minutes."

Waiting for official time. My phone was acting up, but it said 25:28. In a feels like temp of 85. Woohoo. 3+ min PR

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Waiting for official time. My phone was acting up, but it said 25:28. In a feels like temp of 85. Woohoo. 3+ min PR

Awesome, Tomas !!!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ran the MLB All-Star 5K this morning. Did not "race" it, ended up with 32:27.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tomas, congrats!

Kristin, great job!

Jack, not sure if I can convince hubby about the city, but I've great things about the race.

Mitch, hiya!

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning, penguins!  Lots of racers today, I see!  I will run 4-6 this afternoon or evening.  I'm tempted to go for another 30-mile week, but don't want to push too hard, so I will see when I get out there, I guess.,

Scotty- I hope that you were able to get some rest and that you had a great race!  At least all the racing and reporting you have for this weekend should help the time pass quickly!

Baconista- I'm glad you've found this group too!  May this year be the first in a great many years of running.  And good luck today!

Bin- Nice LR!

Tomas- Way to smoke that PR!

Awood- Morning!

Jerry- Did you set up a schedule to go back to the PT?

D- Enjoy the miles!  On fresh legs, even!

Mitch- Hope you find some solutions for your foot soon!  My RP on Tuesday said that she had good results working with a PT and she was able to keep running through the treatment.  This was after a doctor had recommended surgery and told her she'd never run again.  It was also several years ago, and she hasn't had a recurrence.

Jack- Have fun at the expo!  How big is the race?

kristin- Congrats on remembering not to race after the start. Smile