Beginners and Beyond

Turn the page MonDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily, good luck registering for Boston!  So excited!

Damaris

Cyberic

I'm registered for two marathons, one week apart, but I'm eyeing a third one which is two weeks after the second one. I might do two of them. Or none at all.   I'm lucky that I no longer feel pressure to race marathons. But one thing for sure, today I'm registering for Boston, baby! Hopefully I won't fail miserably at it like I did last spring. 

Ah! That's better! 

DavePNW

Lily, good luck registering for Boston!  So excited!

+1.

LRB - you going? Who else from B&B is planning on it?

My consolation yesterday was saving myself a whole bunch of money avoiding that trip. 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  Monday is starting off like a Monday.  Slept late, hit a massive traffic jam coming into work, found out I have a 4-5 meeting today (I normally leave work at 3:00).

Upon further reflection and having the night to sleep on it, I have determined that my race yesterday did indeed suck.  Today I'll be getting back to going through the motions of marathon training with a 50 minute easy run.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

My second b2b weekend, 15 @ 7:53 pacing some friends on Saturday (both ran their first ever 15 miler, at sub-8 avg pace, awesome!), 20 @ 7:37 on Sunday, progressive on the back end, last two miles were 6:52 & 6:35.  Great runs, felt really strong.  4.7 recovery done this morning.  Strength training this evening.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, back to the grind! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

From the Internet.

Track workout with the club! 6.45 miles total. 1x600, 2x500, 3x400, 4x200.

I was completely not warmed up for the 600 so I didn't take note of my time other than hearing that I came through the 400 at 2:15. 500s were at ~8:00 pace, cranked it up for the 400s once I was nice and loose - 1:39, 1:45, 1:45. Felt fantastic. Just focusing on running fast while staying relaxed for the 200s, all were somewhere in the 50-55s range. Happy girl today Big grin I'll probably jump in the pool for some recovery later.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Back Day at the Gym

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX10reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX10reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX10reps
                Underhand Seated Row: 6 sets / 12 reps / 70 lbs
                One Arm Dumbbell Row: 40lbsX12reps, 4 sets / 8 reps / 50 lbs, 1 set / 10 reps / 50 lbs
                V-Bar Pull Down: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX6reps, 70lbsX10reps, 80lbsX6reps, 80lbsX6reps, 80lbsX6reps
                Seated Cable Row: 80lbsX8reps, 80lbsX9reps, 80lbsX10reps, 90lbsX8reps, 80lbsX10reps, 90lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

My consolation yesterday was saving myself a whole bunch of money avoiding that trip. 

It is indeed a small fortune, all of which is spent months in advance.

Two words for that; don't die.

LRB

...but would like to do oh I don't know, 10 push-ups FFS. Some light core stuff would be nice as well if time permits this morning.

Turned out to be not so bad considering how long I've gone without it.

happylily

+1.

LRB - you going? Who else from B&B is planning on it?

I'm lucky that I live just a short bus ride away from Boston. $60 each way and I don't have the hassle of finding parking downtown. I stay in an apartment that I found on VRBO and share the cost with a friend, which is $125 each. We have a kitchen and buy groceries as soon as we arrive. So no, not that big of an expense for me, as long as I treat it as a mini vacation also.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

I kind of want to register for Boston, just because I can (well, not til Wednesday). But I won't.

It ended up costing me about 1500, which is enough for a 3 day trip.

From the Internet.

I live ~20 miles outside the city so it wouldn't have to cost me very much - I just have to qualify for the damn thing first! :P

Zelanie

Turning the page means running right off the bat, because I need to take RDs later in the week.  So 9 tonight after work.

Baboon

delicate flower

I kind of want to register for Boston

<3

Mmmmm...beer

I wish I was registering for Boston on Wednesday, but finances aren't going to support it this time around.  So I'm going to run Shamrock again in the spring to qualify for '17, and I'm starting a dedicated Boston fund.   I will run it at least once.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!