Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies......... (Read 32 times)

DavePNW

The 10k would make a good sub for your tempo workout

You'll have to try them and see. It depends on the shoe and you.  With the Adios, I would feel comfortable wearing them for a half. And they might be okay for a full although I would want to do some long run workouts in them to test that.  I think the Hyperions might be a little less substational

They are certainly light as a feather, like there is nothing there, but they were surprisingly comfortable...for a few minutes on the treadmill anyway. I will probably test them out either tomorrow or Friday. (Also: I like that you created a new word there.)

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I still haven't decided on 5k or 10k. Waiting for the forum to tell me what to do.

Race is Saturday. Schedule calls for 5 tomorrow and 10 w/tempo Friday, but will probably just make it 8ish tomorrow and 5 Friday.

MTA: also wondering how long a distance the new shoes are good for. I figure up to 10k for sure, but IDK beyond that.

I already said 10K, so without any more votes, you had 100% votes for that.  Wink

Damaris

DavePNW

I already said 10K, so without any more votes, you had 100% votes for that.  Wink

Yeah, I think onemile may have pushed it over the top, because you can make a straight line with two data points.

Dave

onemile

Yeah, I think onemile may have pushed it over the top, because you can make a straight line with two data points.

Well, you seemed to be leaning toward the 5k so....

onemile

They are certainly light as a feather, like there is nothing there, but they were surprisingly comfortable...for a few minutes on the treadmill anyway. I will probably test them out either tomorrow or Friday. (Also: I like that you created a new word there.)

If they are too light/uncushioned I feel like they make my legs fatigue early

DavePNW

Well, you seemed to be leaning toward the 5k so....

Only because they are less work, and I have a specific goal (although don't expect to get anywhere near it right now). In my head, the 10k is a better fit. Plus forum knows best.

I am looking at a 5k on 5/20, which is 2 weeks pre-marathon; maybe also not the best timing, but it is the race I ran my 20:09 last year (3 weeks post-marathon then), so gotta give that another shot.

Dave

DavePNW

The 10k would make a good sub for your tempo workout

Oh, also - schedule calls for 5x1200 @5k pace next Wed. So there's my 5k (or 6k). 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The 10K would be a better predictor and more towards what Pftz wants you to do.

And onemile and me always know best...

Damaris

onemile

Oh, also - schedule calls for 5x1200 @5k pace next Wed. So there's my 5k (or 6k). 

If you wanted to do the 5k you could do your tempo workout Weds instead

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran.

4 moderate, 2 tempo, 4 moderate, 2 tempo.  6:59 avg pace on the tempos.  Kind of rough going today and I suffered.    I probably went harder than I should have Monday and Tuesday and I paid for it today.  I had to stop and rest a couple of times because I was getting gassed.  But still, a decent run for having an off day.  12.3 miles total at 7:19 avg.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 with 20 minutes tempo and 6 x 1/4 mile with 1:30 recoveries.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 12 on the TM with 4 @ HMP, hoping I can do that for next week's HM.  We'll see.

Damaris

DavePNW

Ran 12 on the TM with 4 @ HMP, hoping I can do that for next week's HM.  We'll see.

You are all over the shorter races these days. When was the last time you ran an HM? I suppose you might have done some to keep DH company.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You are all over the shorter races these days. When was the last time you ran an HM? I suppose you might have done some to keep DH company.

I run HMs all the time...with him.  But I don't like the distance so I don't race it often.  This will be my first actual voluntary HM I'm racing in probably years.

And it's just to kill time until I can race my first marathon post surgery.  In 6 weeks...

Damaris

onemile

I ran.

4 moderate, 2 tempo, 4 moderate, 2 tempo.  6:59 avg pace on the tempos.  Kind of rough going today and I suffered.    I probably went harder than I should have Monday and Tuesday and I paid for it today.  I had to stop and rest a couple of times because I was getting gassed.  But still, a decent run for having an off day.  12.3 miles total at 7:19 avg.

6:59 was also your easy pace on Monday?