Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Seen in Harlem (Read 36 times)

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 3 x 6 min at tempo / 2 min jog then 4 x 1 min at 5kish / 1 min jog. Overall I'm just tired so hoping to feel a bit fresher in the next few days.

I ran with arm sleeves this morning to get used to them since I'll probably wear them at CIM. But it was definitely not cool enough to need them.

Took the day off. Planning to see Zombieland 2 with MrW this afternoon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She knows who I work for even!  She didn't contact me, which says a lot.  But my friend/realtor copied me in the emails.

PS, we just got the so-called referral agreement.  It's between her and the realtor in Miami for a prospective client (me).  Except I didn't sign it AND it does not include my husband which makes it IMO non-binding.  First of all, the house is under both our names and second of all, FL is a tenancy by the entirety state which means the house is as well and rights cannot be signed off by only one of us (it would need both our signatures).  Oopsie.  If she had anything with my signature, she would've sent it already.

Damaris

KCRuns

Definitely takes an organized person to succeed at the run commuting.

My coach is a coworker and one day last week she ran at the track before driving into work. Ooops she forgot to bring pants and spent the morning meetings in her short running shorts, lol.

That is hilarious!  I would be mortified.  But also proud for having gotten up early to get that workout done.

When I first started run commuting, I was overwhelmed with all the things to remember to do in advance, but once I actually set up a week the right way, I realized it's not really that hard.  I'm a little out of practice though as my running has been sporadic for the last few months for various life reasons.  But now that things have gotten back to normal for the most part, I'm trying really hard to get back to my good habits, but the first week of really cold weather always throws me because I forget the extra things like coats.  I'll have to wear the backpack tomorrow as well and for the same reason, but next week I'll do better!

KCRuns

She knows who I work for even!  She didn't contact me, which says a lot.  But my friend/realtor copied me in the emails.

PS, we just got the so-called referral agreement.  It's between her and the realtor in Miami for a prospective client (me).  Except I didn't sign it AND it does not include my husband which makes it IMO non-binding.  First of all, the house is under both our names and second of all, FL is a tenancy by the entirety state which means the house is as well and rights cannot be signed off by only one of us (it would need both our signatures).  Oopsie.  If she had anything with my signature, she would've sent it already.

Was her contact that she wanted to refer you to also coincidentally your friend who you hired?  If it is, that's between them and should have nothing to do with you anyway.  If it's not, then how incredibly rude for her to assume a deal she made on the side with someone else would also apply to whoever you ended up hiring on your own (especially since you weren't part of that agreement in the first place).  Either way, her behavior after the fact seems very unprofessional.

DavePNW

My coach is a coworker and one day last week she ran at the track before driving into work. Ooops she forgot to bring pants and spent the morning meetings in her short running shorts, lol.

LOL, that is my fear, since I drive to the gym near work, run from there, and shower/change there. If I forgot my pants, I'd have to buy a pair. Fortunately I think the only thing I've ever forgotten was a belt, which makes me feel self-conscious all day long, but is survivable.

Dave

DavePNW

In other drama news:

So, my Indy realtor had mentioned several times that she had a "guy" realtor in Miami who could help me sell my home there.  I was like yeah, whatever, we need to fix it before we can post it for sale anyway.  Never called the guy and we hired my friend realtor.  The Indy realtor texted me two days ago oh, how are you doing, etc. hope everything is going well, did you call my friend in Miami? And I was like no, we have a realtor and it's posted for sale.  She texted Sad I had a referral agreement with him.  OK...  Yesterday SHE FUCKING CALLED MY REALTOR demanding a 25% referral fee owed to her.  My friend asked her for the referral agreement signed by me stating that.  We are still waiting. WTF.  This is why I don't trust people; they are all crooks.  There never was an agreement for her to sell my Miami home nor anyone working with her.

That's crazy and in my mind, unethical. I would call her boss or whoever runs that office. That seems like a serious violation to me.

Dave

DavePNW

All this talk about random BS, I forgot to talk about running. I ran 13 miles with 3x2 miles tempo. My watch came about as close to dying as it possibly could, but didn't. Even a few drops of juice left after the run to upload. When I plug it in tonight*, I predict it reads about 1%.

*MTA: if I actually remember this time. 

Dave

Cyberic

D, does she not realize you're a lawyer and will crush her?

I ran 5.5 to work with the last 10 minutes faster.  When I brought clothes in to work on Monday I forgot to include extra coats to wear home in the evenings and I froze half to death last night, so today I had to carry the backpack with a coat.  I forgot how much weight that adds and I struggled today, had to take some walk breaks trying to get used to that thing.  I got the miles even if they were slow. 

I totally agree with the difficulties being the logistics (being organized to structure the logistics), and carrying all the stuff on your back. Definitely some drawbacks.

There are some drawbacks to not run commuting also, and I'm not talking environment. Pure running. You then have to either wake up extra early every morning to run, or run in the evenings to get those miles in.

Cyberic

Definitely takes an organized person to succeed at the run commuting.

Yeah, but you're in California. I thought that was a common sight 

Cyberic

7 miles with 3 x 6 min at tempo / 2 min jog then 4 x 1 min at 5kish / 1 min jog.

Nice!

Cyberic

All this talk about random BS, I forgot to talk about running. I ran 13 miles with 3x2 miles tempo. My watch came about as close to dying as it possibly could, but didn't. Even a few drops of juice left after the run to upload. When I plug it in tonight*, I predict it reads about 1%.

*MTA: if I actually remember this time. 

Nice!

Not so nice on the watch almost being out of battery. Just charge the thing. Battery memory is not a thing. Your watch will last just as long if you charge it more often. Even Apple says so.

DavePNW

Nice!

Not so nice on the watch almost being out of battery. Just charge the thing. Battery memory is not a thing. Your watch will last just as long if you charge it more often. Even Apple says so.

I am not trying to drain it, I just forgot to charge it last night. It stays in my gym bag so I just have to remember when it’s running low. I realize I could just charge it every night, but I don’t.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Was her contact that she wanted to refer you to also coincidentally your friend who you hired?  If it is, that's between them and should have nothing to do with you anyway.  If it's not, then how incredibly rude for her to assume a deal she made on the side with someone else would also apply to whoever you ended up hiring on your own (especially since you weren't part of that agreement in the first place).  Either way, her behavior after the fact seems very unprofessional.

^ This.  It is someone completely different that she recommended and I didn't even call.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, but you're in California. I thought that was a common sight 

You're confusing Cali with Miami.

I checked this morning.  Feels like 90F by my house there at 8:30am.  FTS.

Damaris

DavePNW

You're confusing Cali with Miami.

Oh it's a Cali thing too, but of course depends where and what kind of company.

Dave