Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Seen in Harlem (Read 36 times)

RunningOnSand

I still need to find a cheap sweater I can wear over for the start and throw to the side when I start to warm up..... looks like I'll be going to the Dollar Store today.

Buy a used robe! They're THE BOMB for pre-race waiting!

LRB

Definitely takes an organized person to succeed at the run commuting.

My coach is a coworker and one day last week she ran at the track before driving into work. Ooops she forgot to bring pants and spent the morning meetings in her short running shorts, lol.

Indeed, and it also applies to bike commuting as well. Back when I did that BR (before running) I'd forgotten a towel a few times, soap once or twice and a shirt once. I was bailed out from a coworker who brought one in for me to wear on that one. 

From the Internet.

oh shit you're living in 3019 over here! I'm gonna buy me a Boston bathrobe if the weather isn't wet in April, lol!

LRB

I saw one in NYC. Laughed my ass off but she looked warm!

LRB

7 miles with 3 x 6 min at tempo / 2 min jog then 4 x 1 min at 5kish / 1 min jog. Overall I'm just tired so hoping to feel a bit fresher in the next few days.

I ran with arm sleeves this morning to get used to them since I'll probably wear them at CIM. But it was definitely not cool enough to need them.

Took the day off. Planning to see Zombieland 2 with MrW this afternoon.

Sounds about right, you're doing great. Enjoy the flick!

ETA: I didn't get to wear my arm sleeves in New York, it was way too warm so I left them at the hotel. Boo.

sdWhiskers

Oh it's a Cali thing too, but of course depends where and what kind of company.

Work dress code is definitely relaxed here. But no shorts in a lab.

LRB

All this talk about random BS, I forgot to talk about running. I ran 13 miles with 3x2 miles tempo. My watch came about as close to dying as it possibly could, but didn't. Even a few drops of juice left after the run to upload. When I plug it in tonight*, I predict it reads about 1%.

*MTA: if I actually remember this time. 

Man, you're really clocking them double digit weekday runs this cycle! Are you doing two per week?

RunningOnSand

oh shit you're living in 3019 over here! I'm gonna buy me a Boston bathrobe if the weather isn't wet in April, lol!

I saw one in NYC. Laughed my ass off but she looked warm!

I saw it at Mesa-Phx HM (my very speedy friend was wearing it!) and then I wore one for one of my other races. Seriously, it was the best thing ever! Just put it in your bag drop and it is the best at not wasting energy by trying to keep warm.

RunningOnSand

In other drama news:

So, my Indy realtor had mentioned several times that she had a "guy" realtor in Miami who could help me sell my home there.  I was like yeah, whatever, we need to fix it before we can post it for sale anyway.  Never called the guy and we hired my friend realtor.  The Indy realtor texted me two days ago oh, how are you doing, etc. hope everything is going well, did you call my friend in Miami? And I was like no, we have a realtor and it's posted for sale.  She texted Sad I had a referral agreement with him.  OK...  Yesterday SHE FUCKING CALLED MY REALTOR demanding a 25% referral fee owed to her.  My friend asked her for the referral agreement signed by me stating that.  We are still waiting. WTF.  This is why I don't trust people; they are all crooks.  There never was an agreement for her to sell my Miami home nor anyone working with her.

DavePNW

Oh yeah I’ve seen that & thought it was genius. I’m probably going to need some kind of waiting gear for Seattle, but I’m not really a robe kind of guy.

Another thing I saw at Boston, to deal with the rain and/or mud pit at the at the athlete’s village. Sure a lot of folks brought a pair of throwaway running shoes. But I saw one woman with throwaway rain boots. Brilliant.

Dave

KCRuns

I saw several in Chicago this year and commented to SIL that they looked warm and that should be our new plan instead in last year's foil blanket.

Cyberic

That's a genious idea! I should buy some fabric (cheap) and have my MIL sew me ponchos with a hood in a shiny fabric, a bit like boxers have 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A robe?!?! I'll want to wear something probably for the first mile or two damn it, can't do that with a robe lol.

Though I do have a robe I wouldn't mind getting rid of at the start...... and it is thick and warm lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Man, you're really clocking them double digit weekday runs this cycle! Are you doing two per week?

At least. This'll be the 4th straight week with two 13-14's - one a workout & one a straight MLR. Last week & this week I also added a 10, bringing it to 3. Making my big runs big helps keep my small runs small. That lets me do 70+ with 3 runs of only 5-6 miles. Those are like rest days.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Another day on the sidelines for me. I can't even fathom how I've felt this poorly for this long of a stretch, but that's how the cookie (or my running) crumbles. Hopefully I can pick back up starting tomorrow.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn