Beginners and Beyond

I love marketing phrases (Read 145 times)

runningwarehouse.com is having a sale and I happened upon these shorts:

Link to shorts

The description is below and my questions are these: What exactly is “relentless freedom”?  Is that something I need? Have I been missing something?

I mean freedom is good so relentless freedom has to be better. I just might have to buy these shorts and do a full review.

Built for ultimate racing performance, the Asics ARD Split Short gives you relentless freedom. Stretch-woven fabric flows freely, while a fully ventilated back keeps you cool. Soft liner material, gusseted crotch and seamless construction prevents chafing.

Mmmmm...beer

I dunno, sometimes too much freedom can be a bad thing when it comes to running. Surprised

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Relentless freedom sounds like I might be exposing a little too much.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

I dunno, sometimes too much freedom can be a bad thing when it comes to running. Surprised

^^ Yup! There's a fine balance to be found.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

happylily

You might become so free with those shorts on that you will never come home again!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Good point.

I may need to think about this some more. Can you tell I'm bored at work today?

BruceD555

Relentless freedom sounds like I might be exposing a little too much.

My thoughts exactly ... especially in a pair of shorts.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Hmm, let's see;  relentless freedom, free flowing fabric, a fully ventilated back, gusseted crotch and so seamless that they prevent chaffing.  I would say these are perfect for someone in the adult film industry lol!

MrNamtor

Sounds like being homeless and unemployed. That kind of freedom is probably as relentless as it gets.

cmb4314

So, does this mean that in shorts without "relentless freedom", the freedom relents at some point?

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Mostly harmless

When it comes to running shorts, I prefer relentless containment, thankYouVeryMuch!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hmm. Seeing someone's "relentless freedom" would make me blush and quickly avert my eyes. Blush

So, does this mean that in shorts without "relentless freedom", the freedom relents at some point?

Another great question! I've never paid $35 for a pair of running shorts before but damn, I'm getting close.

Nicely played, Asics, nicely played........

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's like free balling...only in shorts?

Running is dumb.

Love the Half

Well hell, they have to say something important sounding to make people plunk down 35 bucks for a pair of running shorts.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).