Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

I ran 10, literally.

I had all these ideas about different interval workouts but ended up just running, it was nice.

onemile

I ran 10, literally.

I had all these ideas about different interval workouts but ended up just running, it was nice.

An easy 10 is a nice weekend run

onemile

I ran 5

delicate flower

10 here too. I was tired.

<3

3-mile 5k today in 20:22. Took a wrong turn. Course still short. Still won AG. It was fun to pass some people twice. That is all.

Dave

onemile

3-mile 5k today in 20:22. Took a wrong turn. Course still short. Still won AG. It was fun to pass some people twice. That is all.

were you really dying in the last mile or did the wrong turn make you give up?

LRB

were you really dying in the last mile or did you tempo it in?

onemile

I like your wording better

I like your wording better

Me too. But yeah I had sort of lost the will. Pretty small race; at the point of the wrong turn I think I was 3rd OA. I just followed the guy in front of me, in hindsight I have no idea why he turned. It was right at the mile 1 marker. It didn't feel quite right; the guy in front started turning his head to look back, so then I looked back, saw people hadn't made that turn, and I did a 180. And courteously yelled "wrong way" to the guy in front. Then later I noticed even after the wrong turn, the mile 2 marker was at 1.92. And then another brief slowdown shortly after that, when it was unclear which way to turn. Anyway, it was kind of a stupid day. Probably would have been more irritated if I had not made the wrong turn and ended up with a sub-20 that couldn't be counted.

How do I log this? Usually I edit time & distance to the official ones. Maybe just leave as is and check "exclude from PR"?

It was still technically a race, and I did still win my AG, so I guess I'll take it.

Dave

onemile

How do I log this? Usually I edit time & distance to the official ones. Maybe just leave as is and check "exclude from PR"?

That's what I did with my 19:08 2.95 mile "5k"

LRB

If you do this, I think you won't be able to search for it using 5k race as a variable. I've always had to edit the distance to something standard in order to find them.  I could be wrong though.

onemile

If you do this, I think you won't be able to search for it using 5k race as a variable. I've always had to edit the distance to something standard in order to find them.  I could be wrong though.

That is true, but you can still find it if you search for races

LRB

Boom. 👍

Right. If I wan't to search for 5k times, it won't show up, because I would search for 3.1-mile races only. But if I want to search for all races where I finished 1st AG, it'll show.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

7 miles expecting to have to make a dash for my car when the rains came, but they didn't so I didn't have to cut it short.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.