Beginners and Beyond

Monday Teacher Penguins! (Read 15 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Today is World Teacher Day, apparently. Smile  It's also a RD.  How are you all doing?

From the Internet.

Morning pens!

My run streak came to an end at 20 days - I woke up yesterday still feeling the effects of Saturday night's wedding festivities, so I opted to nap and go eat greasy fair food instead of running.

Good tempo workout this morning though: 2x1.5 miles, 7:56 average for the first 1.5 and 7:53 average for the second. 7.5 miles total with warmup and cooldown. I won't be in PR shape for my 5K this weekend, but after today's run I'm looking forward to seeing how close I can get and then I will make a plan to kick some butt in a late November race.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Lauren - it is awesome that you've mostly held onto your fitness

Zel - enjoy the rest day!

I am sore from yesterday for sure.  I am definitely doing yoga and a massage today and perhaps a short streak/recovery run.  Thankfully I only have one student today so I can mostly relax and recover.  I don't think that I get to celebrate World Teacher Day since I'm just a tutor now.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm looking forward to the forecasted return of at least a little sunshine today, hope it pans out!  At least DH and Dusty were able to go for a walk this morning, he (Dusty) was beginning to go a little stir-crazy.  I even had to turn on the heat this weekend!  Ne w kitty Maggie has discovered that the best place to sleep is on my neck, so there was a point this weekend where I had Kaycee between my legs, Chewie on my lap, and Maggie on my neck.  I think they've settled in ok.  DH is going to see if our vet has any openings on Thursday to get Maggie all checked out, and hopefully get an appointment to get her spayed (assuming she isn't).

Zelanie -- have a good RD!!

Lauren -- sounds like a good workout, woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

17 done this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and that's it for me today.

BBL.  I have several deadlines today and need to file a ton of crap.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I just spent three hours staring at a computer waiting for it to finish an analysis.  Sheesh!  Tomorrow I'll start with the short analysis, and then let the long one proceed by itself without my impatient thumb-twiddling.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just spent three hours staring at a computer waiting for it to finish an analysis.  Sheesh!  Tomorrow I'll start with the short analysis, and then let the long one proceed by itself without my impatient thumb-twiddling.

Is the short of 2 hours or something?  Sheesh.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Nah, the short one took something like 20 minutes.  I just didn't know the long one was going to be so long when I started!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 Run-Walk.  Felt surprisingly fast today.  We head to Boston on Wednesday for a wedding, so it will be difficult to fit running in between driving and the food marathons.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nah, the short one took something like 20 minutes.  I just didn't know the long one was going to be so long when I started!

Had you known, you would have brought breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - sounds a bit frustrating.  Next time, go for a walk while the computer is cogitating

Z - I didn't think you did rest days.  Hope you enjoyed Teacher's day.

Lauren - that's a fast set of tempo intervals.  Nice.

Jill - massage and yoga sound like a good way to recover from a hard race

PAD - that's a nice logn run. When is your next marathon?

D - I hope you enjoyed your rest day.  Are you excited about Chicago?  Do you still get excited about marathons?

Jerry - was it a cool day?  Have fun in Boston.  Maybe you can run there the day after the wedding.

I had another good run today.  It was a beautiful clear sunny day, cool and breezy.  We went out to the county park so Jim walked Ben 2 miles while I ran 6 in the park and in the neighborhood beyond.  I ran faster than usual, because I was feeling happy.  Our plans have changed, I think, and I may be able to run a marathon in Arizona in February.  I'm leaning toward Lost Dutchman.  I've wanted to do that one since I heard about it, because it starts in the Superstition Mountains, where I hiked a few years ago.  It would be a warmer run than Gettysburg, but February in Arizona is usually nice.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I usually get excited about goal races but this one has me meh.  All training long.  not sure why.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I usually get excited about goal races but this one has me meh.  All training long.  not sure why.

Probably because you won't have your own  personal MountainDew aid station this year Wink