Beginners and Beyond

Halloween TUESDailies (Read 42 times)

bluerun

Super B****

It is a Garmin, after all, prone to bugginess.

Considering the headaches I've gotten from my Suunto... it's not like that would be much of a change.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

oldfartrunner

Thanks for the video OFR!  Yeah, I've been practicing up hill running by shortening my stride length.  Keep the cadence about the same but smaller steps so I don't go into that forward-leaning slouch.  Don't hate me for this, but I've also switched to zero drop Altra's.  Wait until my AT's fall off then you can say I told you so, LOL!

I told you so.  Nice shoes but wish they would get out of the 0 drop mindset and offer some 8-10mm. You can always heel insert them if they bother you...The forward leaning slouch is a power robber for sure and something we have to watch out for-even on the flats and roads, esp. when tired. Sad

DavePNW

Docket, get us this weather for Space Coast!  

Do we know what possessed you to pick a race in Florida in the first place?

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Month isn't over yet. Run up & down the driveway a few times.

Lol, my driveway is .12 miles.... 6 times......?? Hmmm.... but I have creepy neighbors lol.

No, I might take my son over to my sisters this evening and let my mom and her watch him so I can get in a quick 2-3 miles..... maybe, hopefully.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

And surely you checked the average temps before signing up!

There is a reason why I like the IMM!  And it's not because Indiana is a good tourist destination.

Baboon

delicate flower

I signed up expecting to run a marathon just for the hell of it.  I didn't think I'd get so much faster this year.  So now it's gone from being a fun run to a race.  I was also expecting to have been registered for Boston 2018 so this was going to be a no pressure race.  You hear me, brah?

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket, get us this weather for Space Coast!  

I wish!  November 14's forecast is 66-76F, which has been around last year. Let's hope it stays at the most, there. Smile

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I signed up expecting to run a marathon just for the hell of it.  I didn't think I'd get so much faster this year.  So now it's gone from being a fun run to a race.  I was also expecting to have been registered for Boston 2018 so this was going to be a no pressure race.  You hear me, brah?

It is also my goal race, lol.

Damaris

oldfartrunner

That's a very good thing!  Ice in the hat for sure.

DavePNW

Ah, Boston 2018, lmfao. Seems so far in the rear view mirror now.

Not too late to get a plane ticket to Indy. We already determined your regular training is already a taper.

Dave

KCRuns

Yeah! Running with a pack definitely takes some getting used to. I got chafing issues on the shoulders before I got the "settings" right. New small aches and pains in the lower back and legs that I didn't want to get worse too. I wouldn't wear the pack every day at first. Now, although slower with the pack, it doesn't bother me much.

I didn't get any chafing and thankfully the pack fits very well and doesn't move much at all.  It will take time to get used to the weight, though I only had maybe 2 pounds (extra workout clothes because I forgot I had a training session during lunch and my wallet and keys).  It's just a weird sensation running with it, but I know that will go away in time and I'll get used to it. Last week, if I had forgotten a training session and didn't already have gym clothes at work, I would have scrapped the run, but I was so happy to have the pack this morning so I could keep my plan!

onemile

Not too late to get a plane ticket to Indy. We already determined your regular training is already a taper.

Marathon is sold out!

oldfartrunner

+1. The weather, the weather, the weather. Florida just is too hot.

Sold out! Sad Where else could he go?

KCRuns

My other concern with run commuting would be the fact that I usually bring my lunch to work. Which would be one more thing to fit in the pack. And would probably be difficult with something like soup. Anyway. no plans to run-commute my 20 miles (each way). And our company's intended move to a facility ~6 miles away from me has been put on hold indefinitely. Which is a bummer. I was probably not going to run-commute that anyway (no shower), but maybe bike. And if nothing else, a way easier drive.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about that.  My building complex has tons of food options.  I only live 2 miles door to door, but I like to run by the lake, out to Navy Pier and up the river, so I can make it however long or short I want/need/have time.  I wanted a little over 5 this morning, but I forgot how long it takes to put on winter gear.  My planning will get better though Smile

Sucks they aren't moving your work closer to home, 6 miles would have been doable occasionally.  For a while, I was running 5-6 miles to work and then taking the bus home so I only had the mileage one way, but now I'm trying to run home, too, but that can be as short as 2 miles if I'm in a hurry or tired.  I'm still figuring it all out.

onemile

+1. The weather, the weather, the weather. Florida just is too hot.

Sold out! Sad Where else could he go?

Probably Philly.