oldfartrunner

Probably Philly.

The average temp is 37-56. Much better.

onemile

The average temp is 37-56. Much better.

Perfect. It's been decided then.

LRB

Perfect. It's been decided then.

The B & B comes through on choosing someone's marathon yet again! 

Runshortii

Onemile - Sounds like perfect weather! If there is some rain, hopefully the wind doesn't pick up.

I ran 6 on hills and did weights.

Runshortii

Any of you use that KT tape? I've been having some issues with my R knee for a couple weeks. I believe its being caused by a weak glute causing my knee to drop inwards a bit. I'm not really sure whats wrong with the knee (touch of ITB, runners knee? tendonitis?) but I believe this is the underlying problem. Seems to be a little sore where the quad connects to the knee? Ive started doing some glute/hip strength work but I don't believe it will make a difference for my race in 2 weeks. I have no pain while running but after hard efforts (long progressions, tempos) it will be fairly sore for a couple days. I was thinking of trying to tape it somehow for the race and was just wondering if any of you had any thoughts on this.

I used KT tape a long time ago for my IT band. I think maybe it helped a little? But it was too much of a pain in the butt for me.

Baboon

delicate flower

Probably Philly.

That was my first choice until those steak sandwich eating assholes moved the HM to Saturday. I need the HM and marathon to be on the same day so DW can do the HM.  BTW the Anchorage Alaska marathon in June is about a 90% for me right now.

<3

KCRuns

Has anyone run the Starved Rock Marathon in Illinois?  Looking for reviews, I'm thinking about making that my goal race next year.

Also, Chicago lottery opened up today and I got my name in the hat Smile

DavePNW

That was my first choice until those steak sandwich eating assholes moved the HM to Saturday. I need the HM and marathon to be on the same day so DW can do the HM.  BTW the Anchorage Alaska marathon in June is about a 90% for me right now.

MBC can do the marathon with you! Maybe she just needs to do some swimming & biking as warmup to make it feel right.

Dave

DavePNW

http://thebrooklynmarathon.com/

Dave

twistedlogicnz

Runs on beer

Jay - can't add much to what's already been said. I've used KT tape a bit but never for my knee. Waaaay back before I would really call myself a runner I did have some taping for my knee but it was rigid tape or similar rather than rocktape/KT tape. The taping for my knee was to hold it in a particular spot (a little hard to describe), which I don't think KT tape would be as useful for.

My body usually responds well to taping but I don't think it works for everyone. As someone else said, there's plenty of videos on the KT website and I'm sure there will be plenty others on YouTube.

Good luck - hope it resolves itself or that you get to the bottom of it.

PBs: 23:10 (5K), 49:20 (10K), 1:49:07 (HM - gun time), 4:11:41 (M)

LRB

Has anyone run the Starved Rock Marathon in Illinois?

I hadn't heard about it but any race with this sponsor (I drank five pints of SA immediately after Boston!) and a logo this cool deserves a second look!

LRB

Ah, Boston 2018, lmfao. Seems so far in the rear view mirror now.

Not too late to get a plane ticket to Indy. We already determined your regular training is already a taper.

It's small consolation but you did run your BQ time. It's a feat and deserves mention. It's not your fault that they're fucking with people's dreams after the dream has been realized.

DavePNW

It's small consolation but you did run your BQ time. It's a feat and deserves mention. It's not your fault that they're fucking with people's dreams after the dream has been realized.

Twice even! Yeah it was still pretty cool. But I felt it was hard to say I really BQ'd. And then you have to explain the whole freaking story about cutoff times a billion times to non-runners (and some runners).

Dave

onemile

7 with 4MP

GinnyinPA

Bucks County Marathon and Harrisburg are both November 12. You can still register for either.