Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: This one's gonna be a little wet (Read 38 times)

Ric-G

Has it cooled off out there yet?

It has been surprisingly ok. But today is supposed to be 97 or so...and there could still be some nasty a** heatwave in October. But so far so good

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

Right. I remember now, because I never did either one.

Yeah I don't run them often, so no surprise we've never crossed paths on the half marathon circuit. I think the closest we would've come was Grand Rapids 2011. That was my first half while you popped your marathon cherry...or blew it to smithereens I should say. lol

From the Internet.

7ish with friends this morning. Was really nice to have company (and breakfast at my favorite place after!)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning (at least here).  Didn't sleep as much as I wanted since we got to the hotel at 130am PST but I slept OK. I left a sick cat at home but the news today is that he is fine and no vet needed. Now off to the SF bridge. RD of course.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Phil and PR!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice race Oski!

DavePNW

Yeah I don't run them often, so no surprise we've never crossed paths on the half marathon circuit. I think the closest we would've come was Grand Rapids 2011. That was my first half while you popped your marathon cherry...or blew it to smithereens I should say. lol

My marathon debut disaster at GR was actually in 2012. My first half was earlier that year at Ann Arbor - IIRC, you were working an aid station? And when I did the Martian half in 2013, did you do the 5k?

Dave

DavePNW

Good morning!

I ran a 5k this morning.  It was 78F and muggy as mud when I got back to the car about 15 minutes after finishing.

I didn't expect a lot, but tried for sub25.  I started with an 8:02 first mile, but couldn't hang.  26:49 which is 12secs shy of my pr.

I gave it all I had today, and will eat all the chips and salsa in a satisfied frame of mind.

Congrats! 5k's are way more fun than marathons, aren't they?

Dave

LRB

My marathon debut disaster at GR was actually in 2012. My first half was earlier that year at Ann Arbor - IIRC, you were working an aid station? And when I did the Martian half in 2013, did you do the 5k?

Ah yes, right on both counts.

I had forgotten about Ann Arbor, what an awful day that was to run a marathon. Some of whom ran it in the event shirt, black with long sleeves!

Hip Redux

NICE!

Thanks.  Been a long damn time.

Funny, I was way more nervous about this race than my 14 mile trail race earlier in the year.  Road running is stressful, yo.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks.  Been a long damn time.

Funny, I was way more nervous about this race than my 14 mile trail race earlier in the year.  Road running is stressful, yo.

Great job!

Damaris

LRB

Good morning!

I ran a 5k this morning.  It was 78F and muggy as mud when I got back to the car about 15 minutes after finishing.

I didn't expect a lot, but tried for sub25.  I started with an 8:02 first mile, but couldn't hang.  26:49 which is 12secs shy of my pr.

I gave it all I had today, and will eat all the chips and salsa in a satisfied frame of mind.

That you are running and racing is wonderful.

That first mile must've felt like death in those conditions.

delicate flower

2:11 HM (same short course as Phil) but that matches my HM PR from four years ago.  So close enough for me, glad to be back to something close to that fitness.

1:27 for Mr O.

You guys both did awesome, and great seeing you run a HM again.  Smile  Trail running seems to be good for you.

Thanks for the props, peeps.  My race was good but not great.  It kind of felt like I was on cruise control the entire time.  I just could not get into that next gear.  I got tired but never really pushed myself into the suffer zone.  Definitely some rustiness there, and I don't know if there was some IM fatigue or it was mental.  It was a good race to shake out some cobwebs.

<3

Cyberic

Went to the mall to buy jeans for the kids, and saw a discount store, so I bought a throwaway shirt. I kinda want to keep it, but the woman told me it was better to do what I bought it for 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats Phil and PR!

And to anybody whose ran a race today, as I am not keeping track.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)