Beginners and Beyond

Looking for new sunglasses (prescription) (Read 23 times)

Little Blue

I wear my sunglasses daily, and they take a beating.  I need prescription for driving, but I wear them any time I'm out in the sun.  My current pair is about trashed, and I'd like to find something that can take the abuse but still have prescription lenses.  I don't mind paying a bit more if they'll last.  I think I saw somewhere that someone had Oakley that held up well.

I'll probably buy them from somewhere like LensCrafters, after I get an opthomologist exam.  Any suggestions on what might work?

Cyberic

I have Oakley frames with prescription tinted lenses in them (not Oakley). They have the maximum curve the place I bought the lenses at were willing to go. I love them. Problem is they wrap my face too well, and are useless for running as they fog up. I've had it with coming back from my runs with my glasses in my hands, so I run glasses-less.

Hip Redux

My husband's Ray Bans have held up well.   They are a wrap-around style, simple black frame.  He's probably had them for ten years now.

Little Blue

Great, so I'll look at Raybans and Oakley.  I'm not necessarily looking for wrap-around, but I'm not too fussy.  I just need them to last.