Beginners and Beyond

IRONMAN SunDAILIES: Good luck to the MBC! (Read 48 times)

LRB

Mont-Tremblant. It all comes down to this:

• 2.4 mile swim (3.86 k)
    • 112 mile bike ride (180.2 k)
    • 26.2 mile run (42.195 k)

Any one of those alone is a task in and of itself, put the three together and you fucking rock!

LRB

Man, I scored big on a bottle of cab last night and slept like a fat cat!

Got my weekly long run (long to me) coming up here soon before the sun gets too high in the sky.

What's up with you today?

Little Blue

Good morning!  I had a rough night, and am bleary eyed and grumpy.  I should do a "long" run, but I sure as hell don't feel like it.  My walking buddy wants to hit the park, I'll probably just go with him.  Maybe I'll feel more motivated once we get there, and can run a few miles.

Blech.

MTA:  Good luck to MBC!!  I feat which I cannot begin to comprehend, no matter the outcome.   :insert genuflecting smiley here:

cjones1

13 this morning. Started at 4:45. I hope everyone is prepared for the high quality napping I will have to do this afternoon.

As For the Ironman, I think the training impresses me more than the race itself.  Unbelievable accomplishment.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

Slept like a baboon last night. Went to bed at 9:45 ish and got up at 7:45. I feel like a million bucks. I;m gonna pay in my run, as it's gonna be hot.

Good luck to MBC. Hope she's accustomed to the heat and humidity, as the forecast shows a high of 85 with a humidex of 100 degrees. Ouch! The temp is currently at 65 with a dewpoint of 65.

In Montreal it's 70-66. Got to get going ASAP FFS!

LRB

74-68 when I finished my 10. My clothes were stuck on me. Nice run though, as those things go.

Now it's time to dig into some banana pudding!

onemile

A very ugly 18.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 16 with 4 @ MP on the TM later.  First, The Man from UNCLE.

Good luck to MBC!!!

Damaris

delicate flower

Wife looked good coming out of transition 1.  She was smiling and whooping it up.  Swim took her 1:30 which is exactly what she was hoping for.  She's on the bike now where she is disproportionately strong compared to the bike and run.  So, this is where she's going to kick the most ass.  I'm about to go jog out to mile 45 of the bike course (two mile jog for me) to get some action shots.  I'll get her on the out and back there.  Weather today is going to hit 87, humid, no clouds.  Ruh roh.

<3

LRB

A very ugly 18.

Yes. That one is equivalent to a 20 mile run with the time that you were out there. Treat it as such in the coming days.

LRB

One of the four singlets I bought recently chafed the shit out of my arm this morning. Being that it was only a 10 mile run, that one is pretty much out of the rotation for anything over an hour, and certainly out of the race discussion.

Shame too, it is fly.  Oh well, these are the things we learn during MRT.

LRB

First, The Man from UNCLE.

Give us your thoughts on that please. I am going to miss it this week, but am still hoping to munch on some yummy artichoke pizza with roasted garlic cloves and olive oil though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, MBC!  Kick some bike ass!

LRB, will do.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Didn't check in yesterday, about an hour at the gym and then a 4 mile run.

Today was tough but I got it done, 18 miles in 2:57:51 - first mile was 11:11 min/mile and 18th mile was 9:01 min/mile pace.

I couldn't imagine doing an Iron Man, that's awesome, MBC is kicking ass Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

75-69* by the time I finished. 17.3 miles at 7:50.