Beginners and Beyond

Keep Calm and Pretend It's Not Monday Penguins (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

At least until you wake up and are FULLY alert.....then you can panic! 

Rest day for me from running.  Weight training circuit planned for after work.

Report and photos on my 5K on Sunday morning....my 51st race of the year:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/8258e7b72a004a8c91bf30dae2fffb7c/resume#focus

LRB

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Scott and LRB.  Happy Equinox !!!

SRD for us.  Sore from yesterday's LR, so we will just take a walk this afternoon.

Congrats on the 7, Baconista.

Might have to read about the Blerch at work.

Have a great week !!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Love the picture!  Morning!  SRD for me as I have a business dinner.  Should be fun, not.

Damaris

PADRunner

Morning Penguins,  RD, Doc & gym today

Mind the Gap.

tracilynn

Morning penguins

rest day for me. Temp dropped about 10 degrees overnight. Feels like FALL today.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm back at work today -- if I could've wangled an extra week at the beach, I definitely would have!  Too bad they'll stop paying me if I stop working.  Anyway, I walked a good bit (for me, anyway) at the beach, but with the shifty sand my knees are complaining quite a bit.  I still got a walk in with DH and Dusty this morning, though, just really slow and a bit short.  I might do some office yoga this afternoon.

Scotty -- if I pretend hard enough, will it come true?

LRB -- good morning, sunshine!

Jerryb -- Have a good SRD!!

Docket -- hope the business meeting exceeds expectations!!

PAD -- sounds like a busy day!!

traci -- yep, I was a bit chilly this morning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

And here's my beach report.  The weather was gorgeous, although quite windy.  We watched all of the Harry Potter movies, I made a start on knitting my first sweater, we ate spectacular seafood every night, and we spent a lot of time in the hot tub.

Dusty loved this couch and sticking his nose under this pillow.  Sorry it didn't stay rotated ...

Obligatory awesome beach photo:

And a couple of times there was so much wind that the seagulls trying to fly against it were just hover gulls.

Another obligatory awesome beach photo:

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  Monday got here a bit too soon for my taste.  I have 8 after work.

Scotty- Good luck with the weights!  Does Gail still go with you for those?

Jerry- Enjoy the walk!

D- Hope the dinner is worth the missed day.

PAD- Good luck at the doc!

Traci- Still waiting for fall out here.  Enjoy it!

HsM- Welcome back!  Sand walking leaves me sore, too.  Glad you had a good time!  Thanks for the photos!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope, sounds like fun.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Scotty - have fun at the gym.

Hi LRB.

Jerry - enjoy your walk this afternoon.

D - sorry about the dinner, but after yesterday's LR, it probably will feel good to rest today.

PAD - hope the doctor visit is routine.

Tracilynn - fall has fallen here too.

HopesMom - I'm glad your vacation was a good one.  Did you get much rain?  Those clouds look very ominous. Good job on the walking.  I enjoy beach walking and running, but you're right, it does stretch your muscles a bit more.

Z - Enjoy your 8 easy this evening.

AFM:  Beautiful cool day here, but I've run the past two so today will probably be just a walking day.  Hopefully I can talk Jim into going to the mountains for a few miles.

Singer who runs a smidge

We kept thinking it was going to rain, but it never did.  Just the day we drove in and the day we drove out, which was totally fine.  There were a couple of partly sunny days, but the clouds kept it from getting all hot and sunburn-y.

obiebyke

Hey, y'all! Happy(?) Monday. My knees are feeling better with this ego-slaying C25K deal, so I'm going to stick with it. W2D1 after work today.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And a couple of times there was so much wind that the seagulls trying to fly against it were just hover gulls.  Well, HsM, if they'd been bay-gulls you could've eaten them!    Nice photos, looks like a great place to spend a week, very relaxing.  Dusty sure looked relaxed.

Enjoy the walk, Jerry!

Enjoy the dinner tonite, Damaris. Is this a formal-attire dinner?

Gee, PAD, shouldn't the gym come before the Doc?  So if something happens, and you're going to the Doc anyway....

Enjoy the Fall weather, Traci!

Gail is really into her yoga now, Z, so that's pretty much where she does the majority of her workouts.  She does go with me on occasion, but not as much as she used to.    Good luck with the post-work 8!  Hope it's still shorts weather for you.

Welcome back obiebyke!   Glad your knees are feeling better.