Beginners and Beyond

Destination: TuesDAILIES (Read 43 times)

DavePNW

You race well at that distance, always have. Got one coming up?

I actually have no races on the calendar. Except the one on 10/9 which I have not yet registered for. But probably better, because I think it fills up.

Dave

LRB

Fuck it; I think I'm going to have some chocolate.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Where the hell is onemile? She didn't comment on my post yesterday, about my hopeful PR after my speed work Sunday night and I don't see her at all on the dailies today 

Am I going to have to go through yesterday's dailies to see if she said something about being absent?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MothAudio

Good news on the surgery D. Healing vibes sent down your way.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

From the Internet.

Fuck it; I think I'm going to have some chocolate.

Me too! Microwave protein brownie so I can pretend it's healthy.

I registered for my marathon finally! Now I actually have to run the stupid thing!

From the Internet.

Not sure he would be hungry all sleep up!

It took 10.5 hours.  He still has a tumor in his head, albeit a 1/3 of whhat he had now.  He should be fine but will need to monitor in case we need to radioactive that shit if it starts growing again (which can take 10-15 years).  I get to see him in an hour.  And the doctor told me he should be awake by then, home in two days. WTF.  He even told me last time he could run in 4 weeks.   Medicine!

Holy cow that's a long surgery! Hope he has a quick recovery and the rest of the tumor minds its own damn business for a loooong time.

LRB

Where the hell is onemile? She didn't comment on my post yesterday, about my hopeful PR after my speed work Sunday night and I don't see her at all on the dailies today 

Am I going to have to go through yesterday's dailies to see if she said something about being absent?

She has been posting about her summer vacation and break from running this month for weeks if not months now. Pay fucking attention next time will ya.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 total. 2 miles easy, 3 miles of 1 minute hard, 1 minute recover then 2 miles easy. Enjoying the "cool" weather while we have it. Only 85 and 60 something dewpoint.

Great news Docket!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

She has been posting about her summer vacation and break from running this month for weeks if not months now. Pay fucking attention next time will ya.

I knew she was taking a break, but didn't think she would take one from us. I think her last comment was this past weekend 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

7 total. 2 miles easy, 3 miles of 1 minute hard, 1 minute recover then 2 miles easy. Enjoying the "cool" weather while we have it. Only 85 and 60 something dewpoint.

Great news Docket!

You are ahead of your pace bunny by a million miles. I, on the other hand, am behind mine a like amount.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You are ahead of your pace bunny by a million miles. I, on the other hand, am behind mine a like amount.

I got rid of mine 

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

I set the bar kinda low in case last year's mileage was a fluke.

LRB

Me too! Microwave protein brownie so I can pretend it's healthy.

I drove up to the five and dime and got a Cadbury Caramello bar. It would never be confused with top shelf chocolate, but that bitch was yummy in its own right!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I had a Friendly's cherry sundae, not the fancy go out to the restaurant, but one of these:

The grocery store I go to tends to have the on sale for $1 or sometimes even 88 cents. More calories (in theory) than a scoop of ice cream, but I figure it's probably pretty close to a wash, since it's portion controlled. The Heath bar and caramel cake crunch are really yummy. This one was ok, not my favorite.

workinprogress11

Best wishes to your husband, D. That long of a surgery is tough for both the patient and the caregiver. I hope he recovers quickly and that all goes well for him.