Beginners and Beyond

'Twas WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

B-Plus

Hohoho. I'm heading to the track in a few hours.

StepbyStep-SH

No running, no workout, just prepping our fancy dinner then Christmas Eve church service, eat, drink and be merry, and sleep in tomorrow morning (as late as DS will allow, anyway), then eat, drink and hang out some more.

Merry Christmas, Beginners and Beyond!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Who?  Me? In the land of it's fucking 90F right now.

No, that you cannot "leave" for two hours.

LRB

No running, no workout, just prepping our fancy dinner then Christmas Eve church service, eat, drink and be merry, and sleep in tomorrow morning (as late as DS will allow, anyway), then eat, drink and hang out some more.

Merry Christmas, Beginners and Beyond!

Thanks! It is good to see you around again.

LRB

Hohoho. I'm heading to the track in a few hours.

What cha got on tap once there?

onemile

"Planning" is such a strong word. But I am hopeful. Target race is end of April, so maybe there's still time to be ready. If I can build back up to a decent base & sprinkle in a little speed from now through the end of January, I may be able to jump into a 12 week plan at that point. Thinking about buying one of the online McMillan custom plans, since that worked like crazy for you. (Never done any McMillan before - does that matter?) Can't remember your exact time frame getting to that point.

I hadn't done any McMillan before.  And I hadn't done any speed work for a few months prior to starting the plan but got in three 50 mile weeks prior to starting the 12 week plan.  The nice thing about the custom plan is that it started where I was (gentle intro back into speed work) because I had filled out an extensive questionnaire and they knew about my recent injury / lack of speedwork.

Zelanie

6.2 in 40 degrees and raining.  Actually a pretty nice run.  Smile

Now off to do 2954346 things before this evening.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No, that you cannot "leave" for two hours.

I am working today!

Damaris

LRB

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

This morning I helped cook breakfast for DD's swim team, 40 kids. Good stuff. Now I'm off to run some miles before tonight's festivities.

Have a good night, everyone.

onemile

I ran 10 easy.  I was supposed to do some R paced intervals but I felt more like running outside on my trail in the nice 40 degree Christmas Eve weather.

LRB

The weather has been nice this week (relatively speaking that is) and not bad at all so far this month compared to that bull crap we were stricken with last year.

That storm we had last month (where Buffalo got 8 feet) seems like a distant memory.

B-Plus

What cha got on tap once there?

Just finished. 4 x (1200 @ 10k + 400 @ 5k) w/ 2 min between each (both 1200s and 400s).

LRB

Just finished. 4 x (1200 @ 10k + 400 @ 5k) w/ 2 min between each (both 1200s and 400s).

Man you got right into that bad boy too.  Lots of crooked numbers there. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Not me. If I had to pick 100 degrees or 10 degrees  I will pick the 100. Now if it was picking 45 and 100 I'd go for 45.   But when it gets bitter cold I will take the heat.

+1 for the 100 over 10 degrees.  And I would pick the 100 over the 45 degrees too!  MUCH prefer warm-weather running to ANY kind of cold weather!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt