Beginners and Beyond

Easy like Sundaily morning (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ellipticated 15 mins, jogged 15 min, and walked 10 min.  It beat the hell out of not doing those things.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I ellipticated 15 mins, jogged 15 min, and walked 10 min.  It beat the hell out of not doing those things.

Breaking it up that way sounds way better than 40 minutes of ellipticalling

onemile

I ran 9. I was supposed to run 12 but I ended up running 11.9 miles yesterday.  I was very stiff and shuffling today so I decided 9 was good enough.

delicate flower

Hello.  90 minute run completed which included 35 minutes of tempo things.  It's hot out. 12.2 miles.

<3

No more marathons

Heading to the track at Stamford University to run a 1500 in the noon day sun.

Should be a lot of fun.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Heading to the track at Stamford University to run a 1500 in the noon day sun.

Should be a lot of fun.  Smile

Good luck! The heat should not be a factor at that distance.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Breaking it up that way sounds way better than 40 minutes of ellipticalling

Indeed.  The promise of a short jog was the only way i could make myself get on that thing.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Heading back home. If my TM suddenly works, I'll run 7-8 tonight. If not, RD.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Has anyone mentioned that it's hot out yet?

I ran 8.5 with 8x200 hard/200 jog. It was good. I have a longer track workout in store on Wednesday Big grin At the gym now. My hamstrings were crying yesterday so I had better keep squatting so the DOMS subsides.

LRB

: in unison : How hot is it??

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ahem!

Damaris

onemile

Ahem!

You forget, only Damaris is allowed to complain about the heat

10 sucky miles, based on the general suckiness I have been experiencing all week, combined with the fact that my lungs have been misbehaving the last few days, and some kind of weird abdominal cramp.

33 miles for the week, at one of my slowest average paces ever. I guess that's a post-marathon week for ya.

Dave

From the Internet.

10 sucky miles, based on the general suckiness I have been experiencing all week, combined with the fact that my lungs have been misbehaving the last few days, and some kind of weird abdominal cramp.

33 miles for the week, at one of my slowest average paces ever. I guess that's a post-marathon week for ya.

Yup. You'll be back to normal in no time! After yesterday's post-10-mile 4 hour nap, I'm feeling actually, fully recovered, finally.

I motion that all non-Damaris board members get one (1) complaint about the heat per week. It feels so much worse when you were just in long sleeves last week!!

No more marathons

OK, I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I'll probably do a more detailed race report later more for myself than anything else.

But I managed a 7th place (so a pretty ribbon) in the 65 - 69 1500 on the track today.

I had no expectation of any better than 15th or so but the  no shows brought my overall seeding up to 10 and I beat that by 3.

A 5:53.55 PR (PhatOldMan type) for the distance in 85 degrees and sun.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!