Beginners and Beyond

Here are the Tuesdailies (Read 41 times)

8 miles.

Dave

zzyzx

These early morning meetings are killing me. Barely had time for a modified 3/4 stairs.

RunningOnSand

These early morning meetings are killing me. Barely had time for a modified 3/4 stairs.

Just say no.

Crazy morning over here. I mistakenly slept in til 8:00?! Barely enough time to realize 1 of my cherubs is home sick, and to get another one off to school with some sustenance. I also have a lovely headache and sore throat, and need to hop on the 'mill for an hour of entertaining myself with Better Call Saul. I was hoping the coffee would kill the headache, but so far no go.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 with 6 X 100m tonight.

Damaris

LRB

The heat came on while I was on the treadmill at work. That's right, some idiot had the thermostat set at 70. The supply register is right near the front of the machine, so I put the speed on 1 MPH then hopped off and tried to turn that shit off (the temp in the room was 68). I was unable to and spent way too much time in the process and thus only had time for 6.5 of my planned 7 miles.

I've been running there for years and never had that happen. My guess is it's one of the half dozen n00bs who have been using the gym this month and probably complained. Stupid ass.

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, we have a gas fireplace in the basement where my treadmill is. The fireplace really heats up the area and DH tries to get the heat to circulate upstairs. I should charge admission to the basement for hot treadmilling, hot spin or other hot fitness.

S to the R to the D today.  I feel like I've been beaten up, so probably this is good timing.

Coast and KC, yeah, I was pretty out of whack after losing that much fluid.  I found some water, but you know when the drinking fountain has no water pressure and you can't really drink?  They were that kind.  I drank out of my hand as much as I could--I was trying to wash down the gels, I have learned that I need water for those--but I didn't have the patience to sit there for 5 minutes and lap water out of my hand like a damn cat.  Coast, you're right, I don't love Nunn, but in this race they're serving Gatorade Endurance Formula.  I figured I should try what they're serving to make sure it doesn't make me sick, so I got a tub of mix.  It's got 2x the sodium and 3x the potassium of regular 'ade.  It tastes absolutely disgusting UNLESS you just sweated a crap ton, at which point it's delish.  Next round I'm going to plan better and make sure I have a couple stops at home to get some real fluid replacement.  I've been drinking a lot of not-wine since Sunday, and I think I'm pretty much back to normal.

Speaking of wine (which I'm hitting tonight), I opened a bottle of 2010 Weinstock Cab on Friday that I've been working my way through.  Generally, I find kosher reds to be absolutely horrible, but this is pretty good if you run it through the aerator and let it sit in the glass 20-30 minutes.

I did get the Josh Cab (not the North Cellar one that LRB had the other night, just the regular one, but I did try it on LRB's recommendation), and again, aerate that shit and let it sit a bit, and it's so. so. yummy.  I'm obsessed with Josh's Chardonnay, I feel slightly panicked if I don't have a bottle in the cupboard at all times.

I have a bottle of Bogle Cab that I want to try.  I love their old vine red blend, so I'm interested to see how the cab is.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The heat came on while I was on the treadmill at work. That's right, some idiot had the thermostat set at 70. The supply register is right near the front of the machine, so I put the speed on 1 MPH then hopped off and tried to turn that shit off (the temp in the room was 68). I was unable to and spent way too much time in the process and thus only had time for 6.5 of my planned 7 miles.

I've been running there for years and never had that happen. My guess is it's one of the half dozen n00bs who have been using the gym this month and probably complained. Stupid ass.

I shouldn't mention my AC at home is always at 77F when I run on the TM.  My husband, fearful from the cold...

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Got wet with the new dive computer -- how exciting is this?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

I shouldn't mention my AC at home is always at 77F when I run on the TM.  My husband, fearful from the cold...

We keep the AC around 77 too. Heat is 64-68, depending on the time.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Got wet with the new dive computer -- how exciting is this?!

Nice!  Why does it say "Air" on the bottom?  You're in air (vs in water)?  That should be obvious.  Or you need air?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

sdWhiskers

I went with Option B this morning. The 400s seemed like they would have been a little easier but I haven't run 400s in forever so not a real good gauge of current fitness. 2 tempo miles, OTOH, served up a big ol' slice of humble pie. 6 weeks ago I ran a HM at that pace and today 2 miles almost had me throwing in the towel. As evidenced by my HR nearing the 190s.  Didn't have time for 6 but ended up with 5.6 miles total since I fit the run between school drop-off and a dentist appointment. Temp was happily in the high 60s vs the anticipated high 70s.

We don't run our heat or AC very much but when we do it's usually 75-76 for AC and 66 for heat. After living in South Florida for almost 5 years, it took me awhile when we moved here to get used to just having the windows open. I don't think we ever did that in FL...the house was climate-controlled almost 24/7

bluerun

Super B****

Nice!  Why does it say "Air" on the bottom?  You're in air (vs in water)?  That should be obvious.  Or you need air?

Ha!  I'm pretty sure it's because it was a single-gas dive -- if I were using Nitrox, it would probably say "multi."  Or something.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

We keep the AC around 77 too. Heat is 64-68, depending on the time.

I would die.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

I would die.

I am always cold.