Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies are back to the old grind (Read 20 times)

7 miles with 10 strides. No rain!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What a day already! I had three zoom hearings this morning and then got an email that we were all being sent home to work from home until next Tuesday because someone tested positive and it was someone that was there Friday with me. They don’t tell us who it is but they will reach out to those that we are exposed directly when the person has told them who they talk to and who were in close contact but I can assure you that out of the five people there on Friday I had lunch with three so chances are I’m fucking exposed. 

Pilates tonight. Might lift since I have more time today than expected.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hello.  Rest day/travel day.  Slept 12 hours last...7:30 to 7:30.

<3

Slept 12 hours last...7:30 to 7:30.

Baboon wins the dailies.

Dave

sdWhiskers

What a day already! I had three zoom hearings this morning and then got an email that we were all being sent home to work from home until next Tuesday because someone tested positive and it was someone that was there Friday with me. They don’t tell us who it is but they will reach out to those that we are exposed directly when the person has told them who they talk to and who were in close contact but I can assure you that out of the five people there on Friday I had lunch with three so chances are I’m fucking exposed. 

Hope you are ok!

We got a note from the school on Friday that Kid was a close contact from Wed. This is the first email I've gotten all year...no f'ing way this is the first kid in his class with Covid. Their definition of "close contact" in a small classroom containing 35 (!!) mostly unmasked kids must be very ridiculous. I had just assumed they did away with the notifications. All negative tests for Kid.

sdWhiskers

Baboon wins the dailies.

+1

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Negative for me. Will retest on the weekend or if I get symptoms. But so far, so good.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

RD for me, probably. I might run after work even though I hate that. DH is working early a lot lately which means I have to take Kid to school....this is very inconvenient for my running. If I run earlier, it's still super dark. I used to do this, often finishing 6-8 miles before 6am. But now the whole area feels far less safe (more crime, more violent crime, more homeless everywhere) and no matter the potential "solutions", running while scared is in no way enjoyable.  But with current sunrise, I only have time for like 3-4 miles before needing to drop him.

Hopefully in another year, Kid can bike to school.

Whiskers - I don’t blame you for avoiding the early morning darkness. Are there options for carpooling with other parents, so you only need to drive to school 1/x of the days, where x=number of other kids in the carpool?

Dave

sdWhiskers

Whiskers - I don’t blame you for avoiding the early morning darkness. Are there options for carpooling with other parents, so you only need to drive to school 1/x of the days, where x=number of other kids in the carpool?

It's a good suggestion but feels silly to impose on another family due to my desire to run  Also, DH's schedule is not consistent, so different every day/week and many times he gets asked the night before to come in earlier the next day. Usually, I plan out my running schedule for the week with my longer run days when he doesn't work or works later, but lately that changes last minutes which kinda screws me.

We pay for Before school care every day which means I can drop him an hour earlier so sometimes, I've run 3 miles, driven him to campus, then run another 3 miles. Not ideal.

I'm not sure why DH's work has needed him earlier the past few weeks, hopefully it's just a bunch of nurses calling out sick and that will pass soon.

It's a good suggestion but feels silly to impose on another family due to my desire to run  Also, DH's schedule is not consistent, so different every day/week and many times he gets asked the night before to come in earlier the next day. Usually, I plan out my running schedule for the week with my longer run days when he doesn't work or works later, but lately that changes last minutes which kinda screws me.

Well it's usually a good situation for everyone, because there's always something else people would rather do than driving a kid to school, even if not running. But the lack of consistency would probably make it difficult to coordinate with others, especially with last minute changes. Unless the others go into it with that understanding and don't care, as long as the sharing % evens out in the end.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

DR - hope the tests continue coming up negative.

5 miles for me today.

Anyone else here find they'll knowingly overdress for a winter run just to avoid being cold for those first 10 minutes or so before their body warms up?  As I get old, I find I'm less and less interested in putting up with being cold.  The main drawback is on long runs where being too warm early means having a very damp shirt later in the run with a chance of getting cold as a result.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Workday warmup:   2 on modest hill sidewalk

rolled right leg afterwards.   

off workday tomorrow will be pool

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Upcoming-

01/14 BerthaSlayer - Luck of the draw 10k

01/15 sdw - Carlsbad HM, San Diego

Good luck!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DR - hope the tests continue coming up negative.

5 miles for me today.

Anyone else here find they'll knowingly overdress for a winter run just to avoid being cold for those first 10 minutes or so before their body warms up?  As I get old, I find I'm less and less interested in putting up with being cold.  The main drawback is on long runs where being too warm early means having a very damp shirt later in the run with a chance of getting cold as a result.

Not me. If I overdress I'll be bursting on fire by mile 1. Damn menopause.

Damaris