Beginners and Beyond

Odd Feet Fridays (Read 32 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning, today I'm gonna rest.

Last night I was looking at my feet and then at DH's feet, his do not look like mine.

Where the Cuniforms are, the Medial and Intermedial seem to "jut" out.... that's where I tend to feel the pressure most when I'm having these strange issues.

Some have suggested tying my laces where I avoid the hole that is above this.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

You beat me to the dailies punch!!  So I will copy 'n paste my post.....

Welcome to November!  I hope everyone is having a great month so far.  I slept in, and will run later.  I was a little worried my legs would feel beat up this morning after hitting the treadmill hard last night, but I feel fine.

Our 10 day forecast looks absolutely beautiful.  Sunny and 50's.  And speaking of which, LRB is going to have some great weather for the NYCM Sunday!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Totally forgot it's the first day of November  my favorite month. 😁

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

Took a one-mile stroll this morning to vote early... I love how that's supposed to make it easier and more convenient to vote when it's really anything but. Ten more days until I can run again. I am going to lose my shit.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Our 10 day forecast looks absolutely beautiful.  Sunny and 50's.  

25 degrees here and we got 5 inches of snow yesterday

LRB

25 degrees here and we got 5 inches of snow yesterday

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Happy Friday! Had a relaxed 7 miles last night. I actually felt pretty safe with all the trick-or-treaters out, like cars were actually watching for me for once. I was tempted to ring a few doorbells (since I had a pumpkin stocking cap on), but opted to just keep running Smile

If anyone is a fan of Mary Keitany, ESPN did a nice little piece on her:  https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/27957731/inside-mind-new-york-city-marathon-champ-mary-keitany

Freesoul...worth going to a podiatrist to see if there's something you can potentially do?

Baboon..enjoy your weather - glad you're feeling good!

Blue...good luck with the sanity. I'm sure you'll make it, one way or another.

Onemile...That's disgusting!

LRB...Almost go time...calm or excited?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

From the Internet.

Morning! 7 easy got done yesterday, 7 more plus some strides today.

LRB

LRB...Almost go time...calm or excited?

I'm cool actually, surprisingly, considering how I was ready to jump off of a flippin' building last week!

The taper was good for my head. I'm at peace. Just wanna get to my room and chillax.

Morning, today I'm gonna rest.

Last night I was looking at my feet and then at DH's feet, his do not look like mine.

Where the Cuniforms are, the Medial and Intermedial seem to "jut" out.... that's where I tend to feel the pressure most when I'm having these strange issues.

Some have suggested tying my laces where I avoid the hole that is above this.

I got cockamamie  feet, would recommend flat laces, not ovals,  and lydiard lacing.

i can’t lydiard lace as with my current shoes I have to skip an upper hole on the outside and lydiard lacing when skipping that hole cause a bump in the shoe.

for me the flat laces are enough to prevent top of the foot pain.

off, slept in till 6:25, residue from staying up past midnight watching the World Series

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got cockamamie  feet, would recommend flat laces, not ovals,  and lydiard lacing.

i can’t lydiard lace as with my current shoes I have to skip an upper hole on the outside and lydiard lacing when skipping that hole cause a bump in the shoe.

off, slept in till 6:25, residue from staying up past midnight watching the World Series

I've been running for 9 years and have never once thought there were other ways of tying laces  Looks like I'll be learning all over again lol. Another female runner in a running group said to skip the hole that is over this part of my foot, so we shall see.

SIAR - eh, maybe... I mean if it became a bigger issue or if the lacing doesn't help, I'll probably end up seeing someone.

Sorry to horrify anybody, but do they look weird? The pic I took last night showed a weird bump but this morning nothing.

PRs

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Lots of ways to lace shoes depending on foot shape:  Top 12 ways...

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Yes FS, do experiment. I have high arches and the bone on top of my foot protudes a lot. When I started running with shoes with thin tongues, I hurt the top of my foot so bad.

I've experimented with different lacing techniques, and found one that works. Another thing that works very well for me is to use elastic shoe laces. New Balance shoes come with them, some Sauconys too. First thing I do when I open a box of shoes, I check if the shoe laces are elastic or not. If they aren't, I change them. When I throw shoes away, if the shoe laces are elastic I take them off, and save them for use on another pair of shoes.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That is comprehensive! Thank you.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

New photo just posted... I KNEW there was a photographer there! Mentally saying goodbye to the visor the wind blew off my head -- I don't know why I find this picture so hilarious but I do

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog