Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Better known as time-out for adults (Read 35 times)

onemile

I am in San Fran for a training. Zoe is at the vet for surgery. I think I will run 4ish later, either at the hotel TM or maybe outside. My hotel is on OMG monster hill but maybe that builds character?

Good luck to Zoe

onemile

Sorry PR. Have you noticed any trend in when it starts to flare up?

GinnyinPA

PR - sorry it's not getting any better. Maybe a different doctor?

Z - I hope Zoe's surgery goes well.  In SF run either toward the Marina where it's flat or toward Golden Gate Park, where it's flattish. Both are nice for walking and will be busy with runners/walkers.

LRB

PR, I can't even tell you how sorry I am. It sucks.

I am in San Fran for a training. Zoe is at the vet for surgery. I think I will run 4ish later, either at the hotel TM or maybe outside. My hotel is on OMG monster hill but maybe that builds character?

No. It builds a desire to run on the treadmill. lol

Zelanie

I am up the giant hill from Chinatown.  It looks like from runspots that people run north towards the marina from here, even though running east is the most direct way to the water.

MTA: My training is right by the Golden Gate, so I'm going to run across at some point. Maybe tomorrow?

Zelanie

LOL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Word.

Good luck to Zoe, Z!

Damaris

LRB

I am up the giant hill from Chinatown.  It looks like from runspots that people run north towards the marina from here, even though running east is the most direct way to the water.

MTA: My training is right by the Golden Gate, so I'm going to run across at some point. Maybe tomorrow?

There are lots of options running to, on or by that thing. I parked at the the visitor's center before it opened and had no issues.

I'm not the sentimental type, but that run was pretty cool. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Running across it is amazing, indeed!

Damaris

onemile

I was planning to run across it but I was so destroyed by CIM, even several days later, that I ended up not doing it Sad

LRB

I was planning to run across it but I was so destroyed by CIM, even several days later, that I ended up not doing it Sad

I had forgotten about that. Boo.

onemile

I had forgotten about that. Boo.

Attempting to sight-see post marathon = dumbest idea ever 

Runshortii

PR - Ugh, that sucks I'm sorry

Zelanie - good luck to Zoe!

SRD for me. I'm running the Milwaukee lakefront marathon in October. I'll establish a goal after I race another HM

onemile

I'm running the Milwaukee lakefront marathon in October. 

Apparently registration is way down. I ran their build up run on Saturday and they said they are only half full.  They used to fill up by March

Apparently registration is way down. I ran their build up run on Saturday and they said they are only half full.  They used to fill up by March

I've seen that on a number of mid-sized races. Can't imagine there are fewer people running marathon; maybe just more races popping up, spreading out the demand.

Dave