Beginners and Beyond

Now then; WednesDAILIES! (Read 46 times)

Little Blue

I know! A winter jacket and/or winter boots that SHE's going to go shopping for, and I'll pay the bill!

Not loving it.  You're basically giving her money that she was probably going to spend anyway.

LRB

Tell her that you're setting aside three hours or whatever, and you'll do whatever she wants done.

Great idea but it would not work for me. That's what I do when I am in trouble.

DavePNW

you'll do whatever she wants 

This is every day.

Dave

cjones1

This is every day.

Yep, can't count that as a gift.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Little Blue

Either you guys exaggerate, or I am doing it wrong.  It's worked for 28 years, so I'll stick with it.

happylily

You could buy her a mega box of GU! It's not girly... I bet she'd love that!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

You could buy her a mega box of GU! It's not girly... I bet she'd love that!

lol - it could be that simple!

Zelanie

Have you tried asking her what she might like?

onemile

I tend to like things that are a waste of money for my birthday...something I wouldn't buy for myself.  Like a ridiculously priced steak dinner, the newest model garmin when mine is only a year old, $400 boots, a Boston marathon jacket that I knew I could only bring myself to wear for that weekend.

DavePNW

Have you tried asking her what she might like?

Crazy talk.

Dave

DavePNW

I tend to like things that are a waste of money for my birthday...something I wouldn't buy for myself.  Like a ridiculously priced steak dinner, the newest model garmin when mine is only a year old, $400 boots, a Boston marathon jacket that I knew I could only bring myself to wear for that weekend.

I would wear that every day of my life. 

Dave

onemile

I would wear that every day of my life. 

I liked having it for the weekend. It was kind of cool to walk around and see everyone wearing them. At the airport, at the expo, in church, all around town.  But now that I'm home I just feel like a tool. Plus it's ugly.

But since it was a birthday gift, I don't feel bad about the waste!

happylily

I didn't buy any of the two Boston jackets that were available in 2013 and 2015. Both were too ugly, it's true. But I did buy a black long sleeve shirt and a summer tank, both with the official Boston logo. I wear them all the time, everywhere. I'm a tool.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I liked having it for the weekend. It was kind of cool to walk around and see everyone wearing them. At the airport, at the expo, in church, all around town.  But now that I'm home I just feel like a tool. Plus it's ugly.

lol - you are the only person I have ever heard that from, which is awesome. As far as I am concerned, them things induce bitter beer face.

I did a google search once and did not see a single one that screamed I gotta have that.

People seem to love them though.

onemile

I didn't buy any of the two Boston jackets that were available in 2013 and 2015. Both were too ugly, it's true. But I did buy a black long sleeve shirt and a summer tank, both with the official Boston logo. I wear them all the time, everywhere. I'm a tool.

I have the race shirt plus a hoody that I bought and wear both. They aren't so flashy as the jacket with its neon stripes.  It's just too loud.  Maybe if it had been a nice navy I would wear it!