Beginners and Beyond

Now then; WednesDAILIES! (Read 46 times)

onemile

I baked a caked for my then girlfriend's 16th birthday (because I couldn't afford anything else lol) and she was on top of the world.

It was the weirdest looking thing ever, but she didn't care. The only thing that mattered was that I made it.

Needless to say I have made good use of the kitchen over the years. Cool

This is a good idea. How are your baking skills Cyberic?

Tell her that you're setting aside three hours or whatever, and you'll do whatever she wants done.

Words are dangerous things...

Cyberic

What's a girly wife anyway? I wear dresses, but I also wear jeans with holes in them. I rarely wear high heels or perfume. I put on some makeup, though  I can go without it. I hate purses and handbags in general. I have one bag, it's black and sporty looking. I rarely go to a hairdresser, which explains why I look like a witch. I've never had a pedicure or manicure in my life and I dislike nail polish. I hate romance novels and most romantic comedies. But I do like an occasional bubble bath. Am I girly, not girly or in between?

My mother, my sisters and my daughter like 'cute' stuff. A picture of kittens, jewelry, smelly herbs, etc. To me, that's being girly. It's not positive, not negative, it's just that some people like some things, and others don't. From this description, I would not call you girly.

LRB

Words are dangerous things...

The old blank check. lol

onemile

My mother, my sisters and my daughter like 'cute' stuff. A picture of kittens, jewelry, smelly herbs, etc. To me, that's being girly. It's not positive, not negative, it's just that some people like some things, and others don't. From this description, I would not call you girly.

Ew, Ew, Ew.

I like girly things such as nice leather handbags, shoes, boots, clothes.

smelly herbs

From an Oregano Shoppe near Dave? Tongue

Cyberic

This is a good idea. How are your baking skills Cyberic?

I'm pretty good with meals, but not with desert. In fact, last year, I offered her an inexpensive gift (40$), but I also offered her that for one week, I was going to think of all the meals, and cook them all. I thought she'd love it, but she said: one week? why not one month? and we kinda got in a fight since I was insulted by her remark.

happylily

Book one night at Manoir Hovey in the Eastern Township. Leave the kids with grandma. Go canoe with your wife, or cycle, hike, run trails, or go see a play in the area. Finish the day at the manor's restaurant. I haven't been there in years, but now that I think about it, that's the gift I want next month!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

adkkev

Book one night at Manoir Hovey in the Eastern Township. Leave the kids with grandma. Go canoe with your wife, or cycle, hike, run trails, or go see a play in the area. Finish the day at the manor's restaurant. I haven't been there in years, but now that I think about it, that's the gift I want next month!

Hey that sounds pretty good!  (substitute dog for kids, and have son take care of said dog)

LRB

...and I like that he tried.

I have had to fall back on that one after many of failed "gourmet" meals. Big grin

I once attempted to roast a duck, and the fucking thing literally flew away when I tried to cut it. lmao

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wouldn't touch that as a gift with a ten foot (3 meters?) pole. lol

I like your perspective though. Smile

Yeap.  Last thing I want is something for the house, especially to clean or do "wife" duties, which I don't do anyway and I hate.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This sounds good!  You can also give her a day at the spa or something nice by herself if her work is very stressful.

Says the one that wouldn't mind spending her birthday by herself with no fucks given.

Damaris

DavePNW

Yeah for my wife, day at the spa >>> canoeing & hiking.

Dave

Hip Redux

Surprise cupcake and ice cream sundae going away party at work today.

So I win.

LRB

Surprise cupcake and ice cream sundae going away party at work today.

So I win.

Pics of that would have been welcomed FFS.