Beginners and Beyond

Hump Day WednesDAILIES : Telling All You Worn Out Cats... (Read 233 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4-5 recovery miles tonight.

LRB, that is so damn cute!  Thanks for that.

Kay, pass the coffee; don't be greedy!

Basya, enjoy the tempo run.  Is Jerusalem your goal race?  Someone else from the forums (bluerun) is doing the HM.  Your training has been going well.  Good luck!

flarunner, tell me about it.  It was already 75F on my way to Court. At 7am!  I want some Winter before Summer starts!  You know, in February.

Baboon, good news overall (about the knee, not about the puppy or DW).  Macarena back to you, ahhhh!

kristin, hope your leg feels better soon.

Scotty, sounds like a good compromise!

Tom, enjoy the run.  And pass the coffee as well.

scrape, enjoy the strides.

c0derunner, enjoy the easy 6.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 6 hilly miles on deck after work.

IT guy secretly told me that our firewall is actually being monitored for real now, so I have to post from my phone. Boo.

c0derunner, enjoy the easy 6.

Damaris, have a great recovery run.

Jerusalem is my goal race right now. I'm also registered for another marathon and two halves this year.

LRB

Got my Myrtle on this morning doing 20 reps of each with the red band for the first time.  I will move up to the blue band for the next workout. 

I finished this mornings workout with two sets of single leg squats at 22 reps each.  I did them without shoes this time which is way trickier than doing them with shoes.  I think I will do them that way from here on out. 

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty hippy right now.  Where that Rhino at?

StepbyStep-SH

Taking another rest day to give the Zithromax a chance to really kick in. Instead, I get to talk to a bunch of 8th graders about my job (freelance writer, former newspaper reporter/editor). Wish me luck! I haven't spoken in front of a group in a couple of years.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Better I Leave

I am happy to report that I am walking limp free now (once I get going), which makes me think maybe the knee damage isn't as bad as I originally thought.  *fingers crossed*

This is good. Smile

Just B.S.

It's a lovely warm 12F here and gettiing up to 20 today! It's like spring and I'm celebrating with 13 miles+.

Didn't get my run in yesterday and I was really peeved at myself.  I just got back in the pool on Sunday after

months and went again Monday and it felt so good I was really pushing the pace. Apparently I pushed myself

too hard (big surprise) and the 1,500 I did resulted in a pinched nerve at the top of my shoulder joint, incredibly

painful so I couldn't get my run in yesterday. I could barely put my clothes on without help. I was supposed

to swim today and will wait until tomorrow and be more cautious (or at least try). Don't want my dreams of kicking

butt at triathlons this summer going down the drain before it gets started!LOL

LRB, you post the best pics......so sweet and I think you are one of the "hippest" guys I know

Basya and Kay, Tom, coderunner, Docket, enjoy your workouts

Phil, that is awesome news!! I hope that as the tissue swelling diminishes you will continue to improve.

Fla, good job on the 10 in that humidity!

Scotty, you are just so great. I love your enthusiasm

April, my hubby is one of those IT guys who manages firewalls, etc.....believe me those guys know everything

we are doing!!

Shari, good luck with those 8th graders!!

Have a good day everyone!

@runjerseygirl

Phil, I'm glad to see that your knee is feeling better.  Just be careful not to do anything too strenuous.

D, I've got an extra mug over here.  I'm always up for some coffee talk. Smile

LRB, are you doing them on your own now?

Step, feel better.  I know I'm stating the obvious, but being sick sucks.

Do you even run?

runmomto3boys

Basya: Good luck on that tempo run - that's a nice, fast pace you have planned!

Flarunner: 10 miles in that humidity?  You are a rock star.  Well done!

Phil: I'm so happy to hear that the limp is gone!  Maybe this injury isn't so bad after all????  Fingers crossed!!!!

Kristin: I hope you will be in good enough shape to be out and running again soon.

Scotty: Wow - holy rains!  Enjoy your day at the gym!

Scrape:  Nice job getting in the 9 w/100m sprints in there...well done!  It's nice to see you stringing together run after run these days.

Tom: I hope the 3 easy miles go well!

C0de: I hope the easy run is a good one!

Damaris: Enjoy the recovery run!

April: Good luck on that hilly run today - 6 miles of it?  Wow!

LRB: Nice work getting the Myrtl stuff done today!  Well done!!!  Sounds like you are getting stronger.

Shari: I am so hoping the new meds help you kick the sinus infection once and for all.  I hope the speech today goes well!

11 to 12 miles on tap for me today DURING THE DAY (so unusual) b/c my Mom is coming by to hang out with the boys after school.  40 degrees in January?  Umm, yeah - amazing weather.  WOOT!  My Mom is also coming by so I can run during the day on Friday.  What a nice break, freeing up my evenings...

Jess runs for bacon

Mornin' dailies! I wish my coffee cup had an endless supply of the Italian Roast I am drinking, but alas, it's almost empty. Going for my first run since Saturday with the group run at LRS. Knee is not feeling right this morning, so I'll take it easy and give it a shot.

LRB

Supp Beth!

Hey D!

Great news Boon!

Scotty, rain and warm temps (50's) are in our forecast and I'm hoping to finally get a real run in this weekend.  : : fingers crossed : :

Kay, the myrtle stuff I have been doing on my own for the past three weeks.  The single leg squats I started off three weeks ago holding a broom stick for balance, then went without the stick but with shoes for two weeks, and now no shoes.  Looking to move the rep range up for everything to 30 next time out.

What up doe to everyone else!

@runjerseygirl

Supp Beth!

Hey D!

Great news Boon!

Scotty, rain and warm temps (50's) are in our forecast and I'm hoping to finally get a real run in this weekend.  : : fingers crossed : :

Kay, the myrtle stuff I have been doing on my own for the past three weeks.  The single leg squats I started off three weeks ago holding a broom stick for balance, then went without the stick but with shoes for two weeks, and now no shoes.  Looking to move the rep range up for everything to 30 next time out.

What up doe to everyone else!

That sounds like heaven.  I love running in the rain, as long as it's not too cold.

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Dang - one FedEx truck drove by, didn't stop!

I'm watching the street like a hawk - I want my computer!!!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The nerve of that truck!

Dang - one FedEx truck drove by, didn't stop!

I'm watching the street like a hawk - I want my computer!!!

Damaris

Shakedown Street

7 easy on the treadmill bc it's pouring. Might ride 30 min as well.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)