Beginners and Beyond

Hump Day WednesDAILIES : Telling All You Worn Out Cats... (Read 233 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yeah, that was hysterical! I was running on one side of the road, and Jess was with my friend Abby and two other girls on the other side of the road. Jess says, "April?!" and I say, "Jess?!" and run up to them and complained that I lost a knuckle light, lol. Sure enough, I got home and found it on my coffee table (which I had SCOURED before I left).

Scott, enjoy your workout.

Heidi, cool distance and pace.

Just B.S., 1,500 feet of elevation gain? Dayum. Impressive.

AprilRunner, 9:53 on hills rocks. I hope to achieve that myself someday.

Damaris, nice recovery run.

lilac_jive, I hope that your knee feels better tomorrow.

4.24 recovery miles in 43:14.76. 10:11 pace.

Just B.S.

Just B.S., 1,500 feet of elevation gain? Dayum. Impressive. 

4.24 recovery miles in 43:14.76. 10:11 pace.

Nah, just necessary. Believe me if I had a choice I would run somewhere will less hills but

I would need to move.

Nice recovery!

Jess runs for bacon

Yeah, that was hysterical! I was running on one side of the road, and Jess was with my friend Abby and two other girls on the other side of the road. Jess says, "April?!" and I say, "Jess?!" and run up to them and complained that I lost a knuckle light, lol. Sure enough, I got home and found it on my coffee table (which I had SCOURED before I left).

I was thinking at first you lost it on your run. But then I realized those things are so bright, that would probably be unlikely. I almost bought them tonight.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Well, I never did get my run in today. I spent the day waiting on FedEx and UPS. They finally showed around 3:30. Wish I had been able to meet the UPS girl - she looked good through the window. Smile

Anyway, I didn't want to go downstairs and hit the treadmill because I would not have been able to hear the doorbell with that machine running. So I stayed upstairs, unhooked the other computer, and waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally, I got my new shorts from Running Warehouse, then 5 minutes later, FedEx showed up with a big box from Dell! This puppy's got some serious horsepower under the hood. So now, I'm going through the long process of installing software and partitioning the hard drive. All I can say about the shorts is that they fit well, and will match a color scheme that I'm assembling for a future race.

I promise, I'll get out and get a few miles tomorrow morning. Right now, I'm copying some data from the old computer to the new one. Seems like my internal network is slowing down as the transfer goes on. I'll have to look into that.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

Basya: Nice work on the recovery miles!

Ha!  That is awesome that Jess and April ran into each other!

Tom: Bummer about the run, but enjoy playing with that new 'puter!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Enjoy the new shorts and computer!

Evening, Dailies!

Well, I never did get my run in today. I spent the day waiting on FedEx and UPS. They finally showed around 3:30. Wish I had been able to meet the UPS girl - she looked good through the window. Smile

Anyway, I didn't want to go downstairs and hit the treadmill because I would not have been able to hear the doorbell with that machine running. So I stayed upstairs, unhooked the other computer, and waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally, I got my new shorts from Running Warehouse, then 5 minutes later, FedEx showed up with a big box from Dell! This puppy's got some serious horsepower under the hood. So now, I'm going through the long process of installing software and partitioning the hard drive. All I can say about the shorts is that they fit well, and will match a color scheme that I'm assembling for a future race.

I promise, I'll get out and get a few miles tomorrow morning. Right now, I'm copying some data from the old computer to the new one. Seems like my internal network is slowing down as the transfer goes on. I'll have to look into that.

Damaris

Just B.S., I wish that I had a route that hilly close to me. I love hill repeats. They seem to make my legs handle regular runs more easily.

Tom, I'm happy that FedEx finally arrived. I hope that transitioning to the new computer goes smoothly.

Had a crappy day and it all went away of all places, on the treadmill. It was only 3.1 miles but  it felt so good. It's been a couple of days since I've ran, my knees has been a bit sore. I missed running so glad I got to this evening. Hope you all had a great day. See ya tomorrow.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

5 miles with the group tonight and I had a blast.  I hung back and ran with some other people which really made it fun.  It's so nice to have someone thank you after a run for helping them through it.  I also tested out a bunch of shoes, only to find nothing that really fit my foot.

Saucony Triumph - No.  New GelDS Trainer - No.  Adidas Adios - No.  Mizuno Wave Evo - No.

I did like the Mizuno Ronins, but I'm going to hold off until a new Saucony Virrata comes out later this month and until the store gets some of the Inov8 line in for me to try.

Kristin...That one day of rest for each mile raced rule is a good one, but it doesn't have to be total rest.  If you wanted to treat the races as just run then it probably wouldn't be so bad (although there's nothing wrong with the safe play!).

Docket...No coffee for you either?  I knew I liked you.  Good job on the recovery.

FlaRunner...I think drivers around here have been trying to drive like you recommended the strength exercises to LRB - with their eyes closed.  Today was brutal!

Robert...I'm trying to gird myself for a big water push here soon too.  I think if I just kept some cold in the fridge I'd go to it much more often than I do now.

Sparker...Yes, it'd be nice if these temps would hold, but I imagine you're right that more bad weather is still to come.  I hope you got an open TM.

RMT3B...Thanks for the pep talk Smile  I hope you know that we all follow and look at your running like that too.  Great work with your 13 today.

Beth...20k?  You're really going to make me do math to figure out what you ran?  Geez.  Okay, good 12.4!  That's killer elevation gain.  Now I feel like a weenie for whining about my 570 (although if you doubled it to get yours I guess I'd only be a few hundred behind ya).

April...I'm convinced that, so long as you don't get injured, doing stupid running things like the trifecta yield the best running memories.  Great job on your pace improvements - that must feel really good.

LRB...Know what Mtn. Dew goes well with?  Taco Bell!

Lilac...What a fun forum encounter!  Sorry to see that your knee is giving you some trouble still.  Hopefully easy miles will cure it.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

10.7 @ 8:32

My right calf really tightened up after yesterday's run and it's still a bit noticeable, so I guess I'll have to get my roll on.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...Nice work on your double!  Did it feel good?  I think I recover faster when I do a double, especially if the morning run is hard.

RunTom...I'm convinced those UPS folks are runners...they're always gone from the door by the time I get there! Good luck with the new computer - sounds nice.

Sparker...Nice to see your run gave you a boost tonight.  That's how it should be.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

BPlus...yep, roll away.  I usually sing that "come on baby, make it hurt so good" song to myself while I roll.  Nice job with the 10.7!

B-Plus

It was difficult to even walk to the grocery store last night, but after some rolling it was almost immediately improved. It's barely noticeable now, just more of an annoyance. Actually it is noticeable now on the uphills so i just shortened my stride and waddled up the inclines and took it easy the rest of the time.

Big Tymers

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Also a good choice for rolling music ha.