Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins are gettin' it done (Read 30 times)

Philliefan33

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) ShyShyShy

Philliefan33

That's my attitude today -- get it done.  I've got a lot of benchwork to do, so after my coffee I'm doing it!

7-8 miles planned for tonight.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

PF33 - good morning!  Get it done!!

AFM - 5 miles yesterday.  Feelin' good.  Marathon training week 2 in progress.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I like the way you're thinking today Phillie!

This morning sucked.  It wasn't all that hot, but 93% humidity!?  I thought 86% was bad.  Anyway, I had a tough 5 mile run.  The first mile was at easy pace, and then I alternated 4 minutes hard and 3 minutes easy.  The hard pace felt like it should have been faster, but when you lose over 3 pounds on a 5 mile run I think I went plenty hard...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Howdy N-Bug!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am a 'bachelor" for the rest of the week, dropped Gail off at the airport this morning, she will be in Indianapolis for a Scentsy business conference all week.  On Wednesday, she will be participating in a 5K the company is putting on.  From what the Weather Channel reports, it is predicted to rain like a big dog that morning, so good luck  to her with that!

I plan to run after work.  But not until 5 pm.   4 pm. is when I get off work, but the temp at that time is predicted to be 98 with a heat index of 101.  So I will wait until 5 pm. when the temp is supposed to drop to 95 and the heat index will only be 98.  Al least the humidity/dewpoint will be low at 52%/68, so that should help make it feel a little better out there.

Happy July 9th.  Today's holiday is 'National Sugar Cookie Day"!   Funny, I've never liked sugar cookies. My favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin and fig newtons.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Benchwork, Margo?   Good luck with the miles later!

Glad  you are feeling good, Vance!  Best of luck with the marathon training!

Yeah, Awood, sorry about the humidity.  Your weather sounds like ours, you can't win.  You go run in the morning, the temp is cooler, but the humidity and dewpoint are higher.  You run in the evening, the humidity here is lower for us, but the temperature skyrockets into the 90s.  There is no happy medium in Texas during the summer.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  7 with fartleks tonight.

Phillie, enjoy the 7-8.

Vance, nice 5.

Awood, but what was the dewpoint? Joking  Nice run.

Scotty, enjoy your bachelor days.

Have a great day!

Damaris

Bin Running

Margo, good luck with the 7-8 later.

Vance, good luck with the training.

Awood, way to tough out the difficult condition.

Scotty, enjoy the quiet time. Happy cookie day.

Raining and drizzling the whole day. A little sunshine is welcome in the evening and I got 8M in.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning Peeps !!!  Health club after work and then a walk if its not raining.   Started the hip exercises, but not used to the 30 second stretches.

Have a great day.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Phillie- is that your Long Aerobic Run or Aerobic Run?

So the Mets game went into 16 innings last night and ended at 4am. While I didn't stay up for all 16 I watched way too many innings and tgen overslept my alarm. HATE doing that gah! Missed my run Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

3.25 on the beach this am. Headed back to texas today. North Carolina has been fun.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Safe travels! Running on the beach sounds lovely!

3.25 on the beach this am. Headed back to texas today. North Carolina has been fun.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Docket - dew point 72

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm starting off today in a better mood, which is good for everybody!  Could've been the fact that I was belting out "Yellow Brick Road" in the parking deck ....  I'm trying to figure out laundry, since DH and I will be in NC this weekend.  I'm quarteting on Wednesday, chorus rehearsal on Thursday, and we pack and hit the road on Friday.  So I'm thinking maybe I'll start a load Thursday evening before chorus rehearsal, then I can stuff it in the dryer/hang on the drying rack Thursday night before bed ... but it probably won't be quite dry by Friday morning.  Hmm, all the complexities of life!

Phillie -- good luck getting everything done!!

N-Bug -- glad your training is going well!!

Awood -- yeah, it may look cooler, but that just means more humidity!!

Scotty -- don't get in trouble with any Great Legs while Gail is gone!!

Docket -- have fun with the fartleks!!  *Snicker*, you said "fartleks"!!  Oh come on, you knew somebody would go there!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your 8!!

Jerryb -- it's amazing how long 30 seconds can be when you're stretching tight muscles!  Try to relax into the stretch ...

kristin -- 4:30 AM???  Just wow!

T-rod -- mmm, beach run!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.