Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Don't make ME do this... (Read 54 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

An AMAZING 6 miles this morning, 57 degrees, 82% humidity and a dew point lower than 55 I think. It sent chills through me and got me all excited, I can't wait for Fall and Winter.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Sounds like we need to set up an infermary for some of you. Smile I hope you get better.

5 Easy miles for me this morning at an 8:40 pace. My pace really should be closer to 9mm, but half way through my run I switch from calorie/pace to time/distance. My legs are warmed up and I just start going faster. To counteract that on my LRs I keep my pace screen up for much longer. I don't want to run in to a situation where I'm bonking on my LR because I start going too fast.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At the office with only one hour of leave taken.  Since I don't have many hours left, that is really good.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh yea....and running.... I was going to do that before my massage but I was too lazy to get out of bed, so I guess I will do it later. This is a first world problem. LOL!

I love not working.....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!

LRB- Thanks for starting us off!  What an amazing run.  That must have felt great.

Damaris- Hope your allergy shot helps you feel better!

Baboon- Enjoy your vacation today!

Dave, Oski - Feel better Sad

Pinktastic- Oh no Sad Hope you can squeeze your run in later!

D - nice run!

Scotty- Thanks for the comics!

Kristin- Enjoy your massage!

FreeSoul- Sounds like a great run!  I'm with you on Fall but Winter can wait.

Burrrrn- nice pace!

6.7 miles easy this AM, 10:00 avg. pace on the dot.  I am really enjoying the cooler weather.  It was 63 today, low humidity, the sun shining, just one of those wonderful days you feel happy to be alive and happy to be running.  My legs were really feeling yesterday's workout or I would have stayed out a bit longer.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Am I the only one that is PISSED that it's 59 degrees in the middle of August?  I love summer and this has been the worst one I can remember.  We've barely had a full week in the 90s and that's just not good enough.

Jay...You killed the personals yesterday!  Impressive, but not as impressive as your MP run.  If you can knock out sub3 pace on an 11.5 miler, I think you should be the guy looking at 2:45!  As for me, my plan is still to go with the 2:50 pace for the first half+, and then if I can pick it up like I did in my last race, I'll do that.

Meaghan...Awesome pacing to hit that thing on the nose.

Freesoul...glad you liked your run.

Burrn...That's an interesting watch strategy you have, but whatever works for ya!  Good job on the 5.

Docket...glad you made it in!

Kristin...good luck with the run later.

LRB...that looked a lot like one of my easy runs!

I'm thinking I'll run 10-12 over lunch today, and then tonight I'll get 5 more with the running group.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

Hello, all.

SRD for me, which meant I got to sleep in. Smile
                DS has school pictures and registration today - 2nd grade is just around the corner, which seems crazy to me. I think I will take advantage of lovely COOL weather (sorry, SIAR, I happen to love this kind of summer!) and walk while DS is at his martial arts class today. There is supposed to be a beautiful little trail a couple blocks from the studio that I want to check out, plus I need to burn off some of the calories that will be in the bacon/cheese/mushroom loaded quiche I am going to try making in the crockpot for dinner tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did run this am. I did 11.2 miles.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

Well, I'm just about recovered from having 6 friends over this week-end.  I thought I could handle my wine decently, but these people know how to PARTY.   Whew.  Very, very fun, but it's good to be back to normal.  10 hilly miles for me earlier this morning.  Temps are creeping back up to the high 90s, so it's early morning running or treadmill this week.   Now, I'm eyeing the garden as it's about time to rip some stuff out and plant the winter garden.

Damaris -- I'm very sorry to hear that the asthma is back.  It seemed like you just about had this thing licked earlier this year.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

We've had four contractors out to the house for some work and I haven't been able to get a quote from any of them.   Seriously - they just drop off the face of the planet, never to be heard from again.  Ok, well, I guess I don't want to give you my money anyway!

Today's contractor... turned out to be a runner.   Mr. O had a good long conversation about racing and whatnot before it turned over to business.

I hope the runner magic works and we'll actually get a quote this time!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to get out there and get it done, LRB!

I'll try 6 tonight if my chest does not collapse.  Gee, Damaris, I'm sorry I don't live closer to you, I could give you some support on your run.  Joking

Welcome home to you and MBC, Phil!  Happy decomposing!  good luck with the chores and appointment.

Dang, Dave, sorry to hear your pain has returned.

What, you got RAIN up there in North Texas, Sarah!  How rude of Mother Nature not to send it South Texas way too!  Glad you made it home safely.   Hope you're able to get your run in. Good luck with your meetings and appointment.  Cardiology?  Hope that appointment is just routine!

I don't start my day off with them, Oski, but I can relate. I take my celebrex once a day at dinnertime.  Stupid arthritis.  Good luck with getting your quote!

Nice running, Dave!  Enjoy that cooler weather!  Glad someone is getting it!

Sorry about your Garmin, marjorie....

An AMAZING 6 miles this morning, 57 degrees, 82% humidity and a dew point lower than 55 I think.   Very envious, FreeSoul!  I don't think we are going to have a Fall or Winter this year, lol. I think Texas is stuck in permanent summer.

Nice running, Andrew.

Hope you get your miles in Kristin, and hope the massage was good for you.

Congrats on your miles Meaghan!  Nice temps, I want to come chase you!  Cuz you got better looking legs, IMHO, than the guys here who are running in their cooler weather areas.   Joking

Am I the only one that is PISSED that it's 59 degrees in the middle of August?   Hey, SIAR,,count your blessings! San Antonio forecast...this stuff gets old really fast, especially when we've now had 16 days in a row over 100 degrees!

Step, enjoy that weather and exploring the trail!

You did 10 miles, outoftheblue, after a weekend of wine and making merry?   Way to go!  How many times along the way did you have to stop and puke? Wink    Hope that couple of days between the weekend and the run helped a bit.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lunchtime run of 10.63 miles for me today.  I scouted out some of the half marathon course I'll be pacing this weekend.  Looking at all the hills, I don't think we're going to have too many folks with our 1:30 pace group.

Oski...I've had the same issue with contractors!  I don't know, I guess I hear about the down economy and think these guys would be thrilled to have the business, but they all seem fully booked and not too anxious to get that quote out quickly.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!  The asthma has always been there, but more controlled.  Forgetting the meds on Monday morning and the yucky weather, it was just not my day.

Well, I'm just about recovered from having 6 friends over this week-end.  I thought I could handle my wine decently, but these people know how to PARTY.   Whew.  Very, very fun, but it's good to be back to normal.  10 hilly miles for me earlier this morning.  Temps are creeping back up to the high 90s, so it's early morning running or treadmill this week.   Now, I'm eyeing the garden as it's about time to rip some stuff out and plant the winter garden.

Damaris -- I'm very sorry to hear that the asthma is back.  It seemed like you just about had this thing licked earlier this year.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Oski...I've had the same issue with contractors!  I don't know, I guess I hear about the down economy and think these guys would be thrilled to have the business, but they all seem fully booked and not too anxious to get that quote out quickly.

Seriously.   I don't get it!  I guess I'm glad they take off before I give them my money though.   I could understand if this was a small job, but it's a good sized project.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This whole day has been gorgeous, I might just for a 3 mile walk or some sort of bike ride with the boy this late afternoon/evening. It hasn't even reached 70 I think.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)